Do you dig smoothies? We are a big smoothie family and drink them regularly for breakfast or an afternoon snack. My youngest son really enjoys them and will ask for one whenever he hears the blender going. For this week’s Mini Chef Mondays post, we decided to share new favorite of ours, a Mango Clementine Banana Smoothie.
Mandarins are in season right now, through April, and we seem to always have bags and bags of them on hand. One of our favorite brand of mandarins are Halos. This juicy winter citrus straight from our California orchards are a sweet, seedless and easy to peel snack filled with “pure goodness” that make a healthy alternative to fatty foods. With about 50 calories, they deliver 45 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin C. Not only are Halos a healthy snack for your little angels, they are also a great addition to your holiday recipes for fun, kid-friendly meals that the whole family will love – like this smoothie.
To begin, we assembled our ingredients: mango, clementines (mandarins), bananas, milk, honey and oats.
The boys took turn adding the ingredients to the blender one layer at a time.
Once all of the ingredients were added, we hit blend and before we knew it, our Mango Clementine Banana Smoothie was ready. My little Mini Chef couldn’t wait to take sip.
Mango Clementine Banana Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1 mango sliced
- 1 clementine peeled
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ounce oats
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Top with cinnamon for extra flavor.
We sprinkled a little cinnamon on ours for some added flavor.
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well.
- Chocolate Caramel Apple Nachos // Courtney’s Sweets
- Easy Pizza Dough Recipe // Momma Lew
- Easy Pumpkin Bread Pudding // Baby Loving Mama
- Homemade Bread Bowl Recipe // We’re Parents
- Simple & Sweet Tea Party Menu // Frugal Novice
- Kid Friendly Meal Chicken Nugget Kabobs // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Mango Clementine Banana Smoothie // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Yummy Dutch Apple Crisp // Step Stool Chef
- Riceless Vegetable Sushi // Vegging at the Shore
- Chicken Chilaquiles with Eggs // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Apple Pie Taquitos // O’Boy! Organic
- Strawberry Blueberry Swirl Fruit Leather // Can’t Google Everything
Special thanks for Halos for sending a wonderful package of samples for the GGG boys to enjoy. Samples were provided to help facilitate this post.
This post was written by Linda Arceo for Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps. All rights reserved.