Oooooey, gooey and oh-so-sticky, this week’s Mini Chef Mondays post is a warm, tummy-pleasing Grilled Fluffernutter Sandwich. My oldest mini chef could live on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. They are one of his favorite sandwiches (or second dinners) but my little guy is not a fan of jelly so I like to make him peanut butter sandwiches or peanut butter and fluff sandwiches. Today’s dish is a twist on the traditional peanut butter and fluff sandwiches by turning the plain old sandwich into a grilled fluffernutter sandwich that borders along the line of breakfast, lunch or dessert. Talk about delicious.
The grilled fluffernutter sandwich comes together so easily and is a great kids-cook type of meal.
To begin, my little guy prepared the bread (we used seedless rye) by spreading one side with peanut butter and one side of the bread with fluff. We then placed the two sides together, spread butter on the top of each side of bread (like you’d do if you were making a grilled cheese) and grilled it in a warm pan until the bread was browned and toasty. Once ready, we sprinkled the grilled fluffernutter sandwich with powdered sugar.
- 4 slices of bread (we used seedless rye, wheat works as well)
- 4 Tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 4 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 Tablespoons marshmallow creme or fluff
- Spread the peanut butter onto one side of the bread slice followed by the marshmallow fluff on the other slice. Match the two sides together, making the two spreads touch. Butter each side of the sandwich. Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Place the sandwiches in the pan and grill until both sides are golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per sides. Dust with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Semi-Homemade Strawberry Yogurt Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Mini Strawberry Shortcakesl // Momma Lew
- Fresh Strawberry Banana Muffinsr // Finding Zest
- BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches // We’re Parents
- Where Does Beef Come From? Kids Farm Visit // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Four Ingredient Stuffed Mushrooms // Vegging at the Shore
- 5 Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chewy Granola Bars // O’Boy! Organic
- 25+ Cute Foods for Kids! // My Mini Adventurer