We love filling our cookie jar. The boys like cookies in their lunch boxes or for dessert so we often have a regular supply of cookies on hand. Whenever the mood strikes us, we also make homemade cookies. Today’s Mini Chef Mondays recipe are crisp and delicious Dipped Sugar Cookie Sticks.
I love this cookie recipe because it is so simple – the dough takes minutes to make and the cookie itself bakes in 8 minutes. The most time consuming part of this recipe is the decorating. I also love that this cookie is appropriate for just about any holiday. All it takes is some adjustment to the sprinkles or coloring of the chocolate and you can have festively decorated Dipped Sugar Cookie Sticks for just about any holiday.
To begin, my little mini chef helped prep the dough. We added the butter, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, egg and flour and incorporated it until it was a nice dough consistency.
For this recipe, you want to roll the dough and then cut it into bite-sized sticks. We used a pizza cutter and then took the cut cookie sticks and placed them on an uncreased cookie sheet.
A quick 8 minutes in a 400 degree oven and we had crisp, buttery sugar cookie sticks. We then melted some white chocolate and dipped the cookie sticks in the chocolate before dipping in assorted sprinkles. We used rainbow and chocolate for a little variety. You could even use colored sugar if you wanted to.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- white chocolate chips for dipping
- assorted sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Mix all dry ingredients and add to the creamed butter and sugar mixture. Roll out on lightly floured board to desired thickness. With pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut dough into 30 (4x1-inch) sticks. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes. In small bowl, melt white chocolate as directed on packaging. Dip one end of each stick into chocolate; dip or sprinkle with assorted sprinkles.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes // Momma Lew
- Watermelon Strawberry Cooler // Finding Zest
- Strawberry Lemonade Ice Pops // We’re Parents
- Coconut Chocolate Macadamia Nut Butter Recipe with Blendtec Giveaway // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Dipped Sugar Cookie Sticks // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins // Vegging at the Shore
- Low Stress Dinners: Make Your Own Pizzas // O’Boy! Organic
- Banana Caterpillar Snack // My Mini Adventurer