You are all in for a special treat today. I couldn’t be happier to have my dear friend Colleen of Souffle Bombay guest posting on my site today. I have had a food crush on Colleen for quite some time. She is so talented and has this magnetic personality that not only makes her the most popular person in the room but an absolute joy to be around. I often joke that I don’t like a lot of people so for me to publicly profess my adoration for Colleen is huge. She is quite simply amazing! You are going to love her recipe for Spicy Shrimp and Guacamole Tostadas. I mean come on, look at this amazing photo. You can wipe the drool from your mouth now and read on.
Take it away, Colleen.
Hi, it’s Colleen from Souffle Bombay and today I am excited to be doing a post for my gal-pal Linda!
I was smitten with Linda the moment I met her…we both like cocktail’s, love good food, we both have energy to spare and can talk up a storm, and it just so happens are neither of us are afraid of a little mischief – not that I am saying we are trouble makers or anything (wink!).
I decided to whip up a fun pick-me-up that could be a great party app or your dinner – I think this works either way.
Shrimp has got to be my all-time favorite food, followed very closely by bacon. I think I would round out my top 5 by adding hot crusty bread, butter and a perfectly ripe mango. Oh, I forgot to say cheese, Mmmm cheese! Ok, I better snap out of my foodie daydream!
I paired spicy shrimp with another favorite…the amazing avocado and make these fun Spicy Shrimp and Guacamole Tostadas. I chose to serve the tostadas soft, however you could also do this on a chip or fry up your tostadas in a bit of oil (or bake them) till crisp. I liked the idea of being able to pick them up, fold them in half and chow down in 2-3 bites. The mango really gave them an extra burst of flavor, next time I am putting more mango on each one. Everyone who had one of these the night I made them really enjoyed them, I hope you will too!
If you are looking for a perfect cocktail to pair them with you HAVE to try my favorite super-easy to make ahead Frozen Chambord Margarita’s – a few of those babies, a few of these Spicy Shrimp and Guacamole Tostadas along with your crush, husband, wife or BFF out back or on the deck on a gorgeous night under the stars with good tunes and maybe a side of chipotle corn on the side – That my friends is what I call perfection! Cheers!
Spicy Shrimp and Guacamole Tostadas with Sriracha Cream
- Spicy Shrimp and Guacamole Tostadas
- 3 large flour tortillas
- 9 raw extra-large shrimp cleaned with tails removed
- 1 TBS Cajun seasoning or my favorite Vulcan’s Fire Salt…your welcome!
- Half of a jalapeno see notes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 avocados
- Juice of half a lime
- Few pinches of Kosher salt
- 1 Mango
- Sriracha Cream
- 2 TBS sour cream
- Few dashes of garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons – 1 TBS of Sriracha
- Cut your tortillas into 4-5 inch rounds using a biscuit or pastry cutter (or even a wide mouth glass in a pinch), set aside. Place your garlic and jalapeno in your food processor work bowl and pulse until minced, add in avocado, lime and salt. Adjust seasoning to your liking. Dice up part of your mango into cubes. Pat your shrimp dry, season it with your favorite spicy seasoning or a simple salt, pepper and red pepper blend and grill for 2-3 minutes per side or until done.
- For Sriarcha Cream - Combine the 3 ingredients, stir until incorporated and drizzle over top each tostada.
- To Assemble Tostadas: Spread some guac over top each tortilla, top with a shrimp, a couple of cubes of mango and drizzle with Sriracha Cream . Serve.
Stay connected with food blogger Linda Arceo and Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps