This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Tropical Cheese and DiMe Media. As always, opinions are my own.
Warm up with a bowl of hearty Pork Tortilla Soup. Top of this delicious soup with Tropical Cheese varieties for authentic taste and flavor.
Ready for one of my favorite go-to soup recipes? I absolutely love tortilla soup and while I make it with chicken, I particularly enjoy Pork Tortilla Soup so much more. This soup can be made in about an hour with a little advanced preparation. My secret tip is to have shredded pork cooked and ready to go. By making the shredded pork ahead of time all you have to do is combine the pork with a few extra ingredients and allow it to simmer for about 30 minutes and before you know it you have delicious, authentic Pork Tortilla Soup ready to go.
To begin, I grabbed my ingredients.
For this recipe you will need: shredded pork, pinto beans, green chiles, onions, garlic, broth, water, spices, avocado, tortilla strips and Tropical Cheese and Sour Cream.
I like to use a combination of two different types of Tropical products to finish this dish.
The first cheese I like to use is Tropical Cheese Queso Fresco. Queso Fresco is the most consumed cheese by the Mexican community. It is soft and moist with a mild taste and fine grain texture. It does not melt when heated and is often crumbled and used as a topping or filling in cooked dishes. Traditionally this cheese is used to top tacos, enchiladas, flautas, and tostadas. It can also be used to stuff peppers or as an ingredient in salads and cheesecake. For some recipe inspiration, visit the recipes page for Tropical Cheese Queso Fresco.
I also like to finish the Pork Tortilla Soup with Tropical Cheese Crema Mexicana. Tropical Cheese Crema Mexicana, a true Mexican-style sour cream, has a smooth texture with a slightly tangy taste. This cream is typically used as a topping for nachos, tostadas, baked potatoes, or as an accompaniment to tacos, flautas, enchiladas, and quesadillas. It can even be used for dips and salad dressings.
Together, the Queso Fresco and the Crema Mexicana finish the dish perfectly.
- 2 TBSP of olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 TSP salt
- 1 4.5 oz can green chiles
- 1 29 oz can pinto beans
- 32 ounces of vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 4 cups shredded, roast pork
- 1 TBSP cumin
- 1 TBSP oregano
- 1 TBSP hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lime, freshly squeezed
- Tortilla Strips, Avocado, Queso Fresco & Crema Mexicana as toppings
- In a large pot over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the onion and garlic and saute until onion is softened. Add can of green chiles and stir for 4-5 minutes. Stir in the broth, water, tomato sauce, roast pork and pinto beans. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add cumin, oregano and hot sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. At the finish add freshly squeezed lime. Ladle into bowls and top with tortilla strips, avocado, queso fresco and crema mexicana.
- This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Tropical Cheese. Enjoy!
I love to enjoy this soup on chilly night in the Fall or Winter. It is also great to enjoy in the Summer with a fresh salad for a light meal. For more recipes visit http://www.tropicalcheese.com or follow along on social via Facebook or Instagram (@tropicalcheese).