Here’s my little post for an Egg and Arugula salad, which we happened to have to breakfast on Sunday morning. This is usually how I prep my posts for the week; I cook the food for my blog posts on the weekend, shoot the photos and then prep the posts throughout the week using the photos from my weekend cooking. So imagine how bummed I was when the mojo for my Egg and Arugula Salad was swiped. Swiped, I say!
There I was, browsing my Facebook feed on Tuesday when this appeared in my news feed. Now, I am a total HuffPost Taste junkie so I am not going to hate on them. But I have to admit, I was a little bummed. My post-mojo was gone.
Before you go closing your Internet browser, give me (and this day-late post) a chance. This Egg and Arugula Salad is perfect. Seriously. Imagine eating this for brunch or maybe as a way to kick-start your “better for you” eating plan.
- 5-10 ounces of arugula
- 2 eggs
- 3 slices of cured turkey bacon (cooked)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 slices of rye bread (optional)
- Your favorite vinaigrette dressing (I used a lemon-based dressing)
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh cracked Pepper
- Place a bed of arugula on a large dinner-sized plate.
- Break up bacon pieces and scatter over arugula.
- Lightly toss sliced red onion with arugula and bacon.
- Cook egg over-easy and gently place on bed of arugula.
- Drizzle salad lightly with your favorite vinaigrette (I chose a lemon-based vinaigrette).
- Lightly dust with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Brush rye bread with olive oil and grill on grill pan or open grill until grill marks appear on bread. Cut bread in triangles to create toast points.
If you are a little hesitant about a salad for breakfast, I get it. My husband looked at me like I was a little crazy and that’s ok. I was later redeemed when I saw him diving into his salad, bite after bite. He even asked if I would make this salad again. It really is that good.
So, go on. Give it a try … even if it’s missing a little mojo.