Did you catch my 25 Creative Candy Cane Recipes post from last week? I’m adding a new entry to that list from last week with these simple to make Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes for this week’s Mini Chef Mondays.
The Christmas spirit is thriving in our house. Our elves (we have two, Elfie and Ice) are popping up all over the place and we’ve had our fair share of holiday parties, outings and Christmas magic. Today, the boys got into the Christmas spirit even more with these super easy-to-prepare Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes.
I love peppermint and chocolate. The flavor combination is one of all-time favorites and it’s one I crave over and over again during the holidays. My boys are just like their Mom. They have a love of candy canes and enjoy making fun Christmas treats.
To begin our Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes we melted a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips with a tablespoon of coconut oil. We then got some festive sprinkles and crushed up candy canes and began to dip plain candy canes into the chocolate mixture, topping them with sprinkles and crushed candy canes. We also left a few plain chocolate dipped ones.
Once dipped we allowed the Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes to set for a few hours on a wax paper lined baking sheet.
It was really one of the easiest Mini Chef Mondays recipes and one that I think we will make over and over again.
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 12 candy canes (6 inches each)
- Toppings: assorted colored sugars or sprinkles and crushed candy canes
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil; stir until smooth. Dip curved ends of candy canes in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Decorate with toppings if desired. and let stand until set (about 30 minutes). Use to stir hot cocoa, coffee or your favorite cocktail. Yield: 1 dozen.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 5 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls Rice Krispies // Courtney’s Sweets
- Chocolate Dipped Candy Canes for Gift Giving // Finding Zest
- Easy Christmas Snacks That Look Like Christmas Trees // Eating Richly
- Mini Cannolis 3 Ways // Vegging at the Shore
- Salt Dough Christmas Trees // My Mini Adventurer
Looking for more candy cane recipes? Be sure to check out for 25 Creative Candy Cane Recipes post from last week!