Are you a PEEPS® fan? My kids love these sugary pillows of marshmallow so we decided to feature them in this week’s Mini Chef Mondays with a special PEEPS S’Mores Bites.
I’m sure you’ve all seen the popular PEEPS S’Mores that are all over the internet. Well, these PEEPS S’Mores Bites are very similar but instead of creating a classic S’more, we decided to use the graham crackers as a cookie cup and melt the chocolate and PEEPS® on top. The result is a deliciously portable, Easter-time treat.
To begin, my little Mini Chef Monday ground the graham crackers in our mini chopper.
While the graham cracker was grinding, my other little Mini Chef prepped the PEEPS® – meaning he had fun cutting them up into little pieces.
From there, we combined the graham cracker with melted butter and powdered sugar and pressed them into a greased mini muffin tin. We then baked the cookie cup for about 7 minutes, removed them from the oven and topped the baked cups with a chocolate square and a peep and before returning them to the oven for a few more minutes.
Within minutes we had delicious, ooey, gooey, PEEPS® S’mores Bites.
PEEPS® in the form of a bite-sized S’More? What’s not to love?
PEEPS® S’Mores Bites
- 7 whole graham crackers equals 1 cup, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 1.55 oz milk chocolate candy bars, divided into rectangles
- 12 Marshmallow PEEPs cut in half
- melted chocolate optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Finely crush the graham crackers into crumbs in a food processor. Combine graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and melted butter into a small bowl.
- Evenly divide crumb mixture into a lightly greased mini muffin pan, pressing down to create little indent. Bake 4-5 minutes or until edges are bubbling.
- While that’s baking, break the candy breaks into the divided rectangle pieces and cut marshmallow PEEPS® in half. Remove the pan from the oven and place one chocolate rectangle into each cup and top with a PEEP.
- Return to oven for 2-4 minutes or until PEEPS® are just slightly softened. To brown the tops, place under broiler for 2 minutes. Drizzle with melted chocolate to decorate. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well.
- Healthy Mac and Cheese Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Original Rice Krispies Treats // Momma Lew
- Chocolate Dipped Sundae Marshmallows // Baby Loving Mama
- Homemade Chicken Meatballs // We’re Parents
- Mini Pizza Pot Pies // Frugal Novice
- Alphabet Snack H is for Hippo // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Peep S’Mores Bites // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Teach Your Kids to Cook THIS Spring Break // Step Stool Chef
- Easy to Make Hamantaschen // Vegging at the Shore
- Turn Recipes into Memories with a Keepsake Cookbook // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Whole Wheat Pretzel Bites // O’Boy! Organic
- Carrot Cake Dip with Easter Bunny Chips // Can’t Google Everything