Love is in the air! February is such an important month for the GGG crew. My husband and will be celebrating our 15th anniversary this month, both of my boys’ birthdays will be celebrated on the 12th and I start a great, new job on later in the month. We’ve always joked that everything good always happens to our family in February and once again, this year is proving to be the same. What better way to celebrate our special month and love, love, love than with a Jumbo Sugar Cookie for Valentine’s Day.
The GGG boys were so excited to make this fun recipe for Mini Chef Mondays. The love cookie cakes and this one is so simple but yet looks great.
We started with boxed sugar cookie mix, one egg, 1/3 cup of butter and icing and M&M’S® to decorate.
We added the eggs and butter to the mix and combined it to form the cookie dough.
Once the dough was formed, we rolled it and pressed it into a lightly greased pizza pan and pressed M&M’S into the dough.
Here’s how the jumbo sugar cookie looked right before it was placed in the oven. My little cupids were super proud of their work.
The jumbo sugar cookie was then baked in a 350 degree for 8 minutes and allowed to cool.
We decorated the cake with pink icing along the edges and sprinkled it with a little colored sugar for some extra flair (optional) and added a pink icing heart sugar to the center.
- 1 box sugar cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter
- M&M'S® to decorate
- Pink frosting to decorate
- Colored sugar to decorate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine cookie mix, butter and eggs into one bowl. Roll dough into greased pizza pan. Press M&M'S into dough until entire cookie is covered. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 8 minutes. Allow to cool. Frost cookie edge with pink frosting and sprinkle with sugar. Slice and serve.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Homemade Chocolate Nonpareils // Courtney’s Sweets
- Orange Creamsicle Smoothie // Momma Lew
- Chocolate Banana Sundae Bites for Valentine’s Day // Baby Loving Mama
- Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe // We’re Parents
- Carrot Cake Cookies: Sneak in Veggies for Your Kids // Frugal Novice
- Strawberry Nutella Sandwich Recipe // Eating Richly
- Jumbo Sugar Cookie for Valentine’s Day // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- The Best Darn Chili in 2nd Grade // Step Stool Chef
- Lemon Squares with Shortbread Crust // Vegging at the Shore
- Kid-Approved Meatloaf // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Healthy Edible Snowman Food Craft // O’Boy! Organic
- Fruit Sushi // Can’t Google Everything
This post was written by Linda Arceo for Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps. All rights reserved.