This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeItAMovieNight#CollectiveBias
I love family movie nights! The GGG boys and their cousins recently got together to watch the newly released to DVD movie, Goosebumps.
We’ve been waiting the release of this movie for a while. My oldest son absolutely loves the book series but was a little eerie of watching the movie. I thought watching the movie in the comfort of our home would put him at ease, plus, we invited some of his most favorite people to join us.
Of course I wanted some fun, movie themed snacks to go along with the film so I made these M&M’S® Marshmallow Popcorn Balls featuring Orville Redenbacher Movie Theater Popcorn and M&M’S® Chocolate Candies.
M&M’S® Marshmallow Popcorn Balls
For this easy-to-prepare, kid-friendly snack you will need one bag of jumbo marshmallows, one stick of butter and two bags of freshly popped Orville Redenbacher Movie Theater Popcorn and M&M’S® Chocolate Candies and candy eyes to decorate.
Melt the butter and marshmallows together in a large bowl in the microwave until the butter is fully melted (about 4 minutes). Once melted, combine with one and half bags of popped popcorn to create a sticky mixture.
Once combined, cover hands with a thin layer of oil (I used coconut oil) and begin shaping mixture into palm-sized balls. Press M&M’S® Chocolate Candies and candy eyes into the marshmallow popcorn balls and allow to set on a wax-paper lined tray for about an hour.
With the marshmallow popcorn balls complete, you are now ready to create a fun, family movie night spread. I like to serve the marshmallow popcorn balls with Sprite (made by Coca-Cola), additional Orville Redenbacher popcorn and small canisters of M&M’S® Chocolate Candies for the full movie theater experience.
Ready to create your own family movie night? Be sure to check out more fun movie night ideas here and be sure to take advantage of the VUDU offer when you purchase Orville Redenbacher, Coca-Cola products, M&M’S® Chocolate Candies and a Sony Home Entertainment film! Here’s how:
- Buy all 4 participating products listed below in one transaction at Walmart, like I did, between 12/22/15 and 2/2/16
- Snap a picture of your receipt and visit uploadreceipt.com/movienight to submit your receipt by 2/9/16
- Get a $10 Vudu movie code* by email
- *While supplies last. Limit 1 per person.
- 1 bag of jumbo marshmallows
- 2 bags of Orville Redenbacher Popcorn, popped
- 1 stick of butter
- M&M'S® Chocolate Candies and candy eyes to decorate
- Pop your popcorn according to directions. Set aside.
- Melt your butter in a large bowl in the microwave (took me about 50 seconds). Add marshmallows, and microwave for two minutes, stirring after one.
- Fold one and half bags of the popcorn into mixture and form into balls TIP: Grease your hands well before forming popcorn balls. Decorate marshmallow popcorn balls with M&M'S® Chocolate Candies and Candy Eyes. Allow popcorn balls one hour to set.
This post was written by Linda Arceo for Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps. All rights reserved.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. ##MakeItAMovieNight #CollectiveBias