This post is in collaboration with Palace Resorts.
Two weeks ago my family and I were living the “palace life.” We spent 5 days and 4 nights at the all-inclusive The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun enjoying the luxury accommodations and boutique experiences at this world-class resort destination.
The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun
Located within the brand’s signature property, AAA Four Diamond Moon Palace Cancun, The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun is easily one of the most luxurious properties we’ve ever experienced. We often joke with our family and friends that we are “fancy people” who like to surround ourselves with nice things and feel pampered when we are on vacation – The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun achieved all that and more. Our experience can easily be put into one word – GRAND.
The Palace Life
We stayed in the Presidential Suite at The Grand. Our suite featured a full dining area, living room, kitchenette with fully stocked bar, king size bed, spa jacuzzi, sitting area, full bathroom with dual-head shower jets and balconied outdoor seating area. As part of the room, we were treated to nightly aromatherapy, therapeutic pillows and restocked wet bar and snacks.
The space was perfect for my family of four. We ordered small beds for the boys, which were placed in the living room area, and the boys were able to hang out in their own space and watch television in the morning or at night while winding down from our full days.
Aside from the Presidential Suites, guests can also choose to stay in other rooms including Deluxe Resort View, Superior Deluxe (Garden View), Junior Suite, Superior Deluxe – Ocean View and Superior Deluxe – Ocean Front.
If you go:
Order a therapeutic pillow from the Pillow Menu for a restful night’s sleep. Guests can choose from a variety of therapeutic pillows including Orthopedic, Lavender, Chamomile, Goose Feather, Hypo Allergenic, Water and Mint Lavender. I ordered the Chamomile, my husband ordered the Mint Lavender and my kids ordered the Water Pillows. Our heads rested peacefully while enjoying the aromatherapy scents that filled our room with nightly diffuser offerings including lavender and vanilla.
With more than eight dining destinations, foodies and finicky diners will agree there is truly something for every palate at The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun. The resort offers a variety of flavors, beyond the traditional fare you would expect when staying at a Mexican resort, including gourmet Asian “Jade,” traditional Italian “Tavola”, mouth-watering Caribbean, decadent French “Le Chateau,” a traditional high-end steakhouse, “JC,” savory Lebanese, “Habibi,” authentic Mexican “Cielito Lindo” and Peruvian, “Cusco”.
Palace Resorts recently partnered with Certified Angus Beef ® brand, making Palace Resorts the first and ONLY luxury, all-inclusive hotel chain to offer Certified Angus Beef ® in all ten of the brand’s luxury all-inclusive resorts.
We ate at several of the on-site restaurants for dinner including Tavola, Jade, JC’s Steakhouse, La Cantina by Cielito Lindo and Carribeano. We also ate at The Grand Buffet every morning for breakfast which was the perfect combination of family-friendly food and authentic Mexican cuisine.
Additionally, The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun offers 24-hour gourmet room service for those seeking everything from a late night snack to a full course meal. We arrived very late in the evening our first night at the resort and were so tired from traveling all day. The last thing we felt like doing was getting dressed to go to dinner so instead we ordered room service.
If you go:
- Order the Pizza from Tavola
- Order the Ishiyaki from Jade
- Order the Lobster from JC’s Steakhouse
- Order the Tacos de Pastor from Carribeano
- Order the churros from La Cantina by Cielito Linda
The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun features five swim-up bars, eight bars and lounges, two on-property nightclubs, a wine bar and several coffee shops and cafes giving you plenty of opportunities to indulge in libations, fresh juices and specialty coffees. The bars offer only the finest, top-shelf liquors and are staffed by incredibly talented mixologists who are more than willing to whip up specialty cocktails and kid-friendly drinks.
If you go:
- Make yourself a Mimosa or Bloody Mary at breakfast at The Grand Buffet
- Order an Iceberg (part frozen margarita, part Mexican beer cocktail) at any of the swim-up bars
- Sip on a cocktail while enjoying the beauty of the gorgeous lobby bar
- Treat yourself to a freshly squeezed juice with breakfast. The green juice is amazing!
Let’s Make a Splash
With nine outdoor swimming pools, an elaborate beach club, children’s water park and plenty of water activities there are so many ways to make a splash at The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun.
We had so many relaxing moments at the refreshing pools and visiting The Grand’s sister property for some paddle boarding, kayaking and sailing on a catamaran. The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun also has an elaborate water park featuring unlimited access to a splash park, lazy river, wave pool and seven slides.
If you go:
- Try something new! I gave paddle boarding a try with my travel buddy Tina, of Life Without Pink.
- Have some fun with the entertainment staff. Rodrigo Reyes and Jahir Martinez entertained our boys for hours in the pool with fun games and activities. These guys love their job and boy are they good at it. Super shout out to Rodrigo and Jahir!
- Surfs Up! Ride the Flow Rider Double Wave Simulator
- Keep in mind that some pools are adult-only if you are traveling with your family
The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun offers so many opportunities for play with a variety of attractions and diversions. The property features “The Playroom,” a fun and interactive kids club. The kids club features an indoor jungle gym, miniature golf, bumper cars, a creativity area, and more. There is also “Wired,” a sleekly designed teen lounge stocked with today’s video games, a colossal concession stand and boardwalk-style attractions and games. One evening we even had a little friendly competition at The Ninth Pin, a six-lane bowling alley. Other attractions include miniature golf and bicycles (at their sister property) and nightly shows and entertainment.
If you go:
- Get in on the fun at “The Playroom” and “Wired.” We saw both adults and kids having a blast at both of the play areas.
- Catch a show! Each night The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun offers a new show; from Michael Jackson to magic, there’s something for everyone.
- Get in on the fun at the pool. We played some trivia games while sitting poolside and a corn hole tournament.
But Wait, There’s More
This place is HUGE! We didn’t get a chance to see as much as we wanted to or eat at all of the restaurants. We could’ve easily stayed there for several more days there was so much to see and do. In addition to the many hotel amenities already mentioned, there is also a gymnasium, Awe-Spa®, more than 80,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces, a golf course and tennis courts. Literally something for everyone!
- Free Wi-Fi
- Every guest room features high-quality CHI bath products as well as a CHI hair dryer and flat-iron
- Pool towels are available at every pool
- Smart TVs in every room
- On-site shopping with high-end boutiques and shoppes
- Premier entertainment — The Backstreet Boys and The Illusionists are COMING IN DECEMBER to The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun.
A luxury stay in Cancun awaits you at The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun. If you are planning a trip to Cancun I can’t recommend The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun enough. It’s a MUST.
Special thanks to The Grand at Moon Palace Cancun for hosting us during our stay. As always, opinions are my own.