This Stuffed Breakfast Braid recipe post is part of the Wick’s Pies Recipe Challenge. Samples were provided as part of this contest.
#WicksPies, #TrustTheCrust and #InCrustWeTrust
Are you ready to mix things up for breakfast? If you are tired of your go-to breakfast or brunch recipes, thank this Stuffed Breakfast Braid recipe is for you! This recipe is my entry in the “Breakfast Category” for the Wick’s Pies Recipe Challenge. For this recipe challenge, I had the chance to work with Wick’s pie crust for my recipe.
Wick’s Pies is a nationwide pie company offering flavors such as Sugar Cream, Peanut Butter, Pecan, Pumpkin Chess, Pumpkin, German Chocolate, and Coconut Cream. You find out more about them on their website, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Stuffed Breakfast Braid
My Stuffed Breakfast Braid Recipe includes some breakfast staples that serve as the stuffing for the breakfast braid. What’s great about this recipe is you can really customize it to your taste and preference, but I truly love this combination of flavors and seasonings.
For this recipe, I used sausage, onion, potato, bacon, cheese, scrambled eggs and green onions.
Once filled with my favorite breakfast combo ingredients, I scored the ends of the dough by cutting about 10 slits (on each of the long sides) about two-thirds of the way in, leaving the center portion of the dough where the fillings are uncut.
I then crisscrossed the dough strips over the filling working my way down the dough in a braided pattern, making sure the filling is secure and the dough and braided ends adhere to one another.
To finish, I brushed the top lightly with melted butter and topped it with “everything but the bagel” seasoning.
Once prepared, it was time to bake the bread. My oven took about 25 minutes at 350 degrees. I raised the temperature of my oven to 400 degrees for the last five minutes to brown the top.
To serve, I carefully sliced the Stuffed Breakfast Braid with a serrated knife and served it warm with fresh, sliced avocado on the side.
Ready for the recipe?
Stuffed Breakfast Braid
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 oz breakfast sausage (casings removed)
- 1 potato, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 cups scrambled eggs, cooked
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder
- 2 Wicks Pie Crusts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Take 2 Wicks Pie Crusts and form them into a ball, adding flour as you prepare the dough
- Crumbled and cook the sausage (removed from casings) Season with salt, pepper, oregano and garlic powder to taste. Cook until the sausage is brown.
- Drain cooked sausage and set aside. In sausage, drippings cook a diced onion and potato until soft. Season with salt, pepper, oregano and garlic powder to taste. Set aside.
- Crumbled cooked bacon slices. Set aside
- Prepare scrambled eggs leaving them slightly moist. Set aside.
- Roll out the pie crusts into a rectangular shape.
- Place the dough on a non-stick baking sheet (I sprayed mine with cooking spray). Cut about 10 slits (on each of the long sides) about two-thirds of the way in, leaving the center one-third uncut.
- Season with center of the dough with salt and pepper. Top with the sausage, potatoes, scrambled eggs, cheese and green onion. Crisscross the dough strips over the filling so that you get a braided pattern, making sure the filing is secure and the dough adheres to each other.
- Lightly brush top of braided bread with butter and generously sprinkle with everything but the bagel seasoning.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Increase temperature to 400 degrees for the last 5 minutes to brown the top.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice with a serrated knife and serve warm.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe for Stuffed Baked Bread. If you make the recipe, send me a message on Instagram and let me know what you think. Be sure to tag me in your photos and posts!