The second race in the quest for a triple crown will take place on May 18, 2013 – The Preakness. While all eyes will be on Baltimore, the hottest party will be happening in Philadelphia and its Preakness at the Piazza from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
The Preakness at the Piazza is a huge benefit to raise money for education, research and support for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Proceeds from the event will be donated to the society to further help the 2.1 million people affected by this disease.
Guests will flock to the Piazza dressed in bow ties and race day hats for a celebration of charity, fashion and sports; all while supporting a great cause. The event includes music, food, drink and lots of local celebrities.
Want to attend? The event is only a week away so you better act fast!
Tickets for the Preakness at the Piazza can be purchased for $70 which includes open bar and buffet for four hours. Couples tickets can be purchased for $65 each, and discounted group tickets for $55 each. Interested? Check out their website at http://www.
Not local? That’s Ok. You can still make a donation to this great cause and have your own Preakness party.
The Preakness is known for a few things. Horses, Baltimore, fabulous attire and their traditional drink, The Black-Eyed Susan.
Want to dress for the race? I know I am thinking of what I am going to wear to the Preakness at the Piazza and have been scouring Pinterest for a little Preakness inspiration. Check out this fun board of great bow ties, dresses and race day hats.
Need a great appetizer for your Preakness Party? Well, of course it needs to have crab involved given the Baltimore roots of this great race. Maybe you want a little crab cake or maybe you are thinking something a little lighter? Why not try my Crab-Avocado Crostini?
Crab and Avocado Crostini
- 6 oz can of lump white crab meat drained
- 1/2 jalepeno pepper de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 avocado chopped
- 3 teaspoons of olive oil
- Crostini rounds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place crostini rounds on cookie sheet. Drizzle one side of crostini rounds with 2 teaspoons of olive oil (reserving 1 tablespoon) to lightly moisten tops. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place in oven to crisp rounds. While rounds are crisping, combine crabmeat, jalepeno, red onion and cilantro, reserved teaspoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Remove crostini rounds from oven, spoon crab mixture on top and top with chunks of avocado. Serve and enjoy
What do you think? Will Orb swipe the second jewel of the Triple Crown?
Note: Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps has been asked to attend Preakness at the Piazza and will receive complimentary tickets to the event. I am writing this post to raise awareness of the event and its cause, as well as encourage readers to have a little fun with the Preakness. Opinions are my own.