Hi. My name Linda and I am a kitchen gadget addict. I don’t know what it is but I just can’t control myself when it comes down to the gadgets. Put me in my kitchen with a gadget and I am in heaven.
After years of coveting one particular gadget, I finally got my hands on a Vitamix Professional 500 Blender (on loan) and immediately began experimenting. My first success – Chocolate Peanut Butter Fondue. Yes, believe it. I made fondue in a blender – but not your average blender. We are talking a Vitamix blender.
I will give you a minute to catch your breath.
The other night, unbeknownst to my little crew, I decided to turn dessert time up a notch a surprise my boys with a mini fondue party. To begin, I placed my ingredients in the Vitamix and blended until smooth. I was so impressed by the Vitamix; I did not have to chop the chocolate chips or melt them in advance.
Like magic, through the heat of the Vitamix blender, my chocolate and peanut butter melted and my ingredients blended within minutes. No stove-top cooking, no double boiler. The final result was a creamy, smooth, tasty fondue. So easy, it’s practically sinful.
To complete my Chocolate Peanut Butter Fondue Recipe, I served our special treat with a variety of dippers including graham crackers, marshmallows, vanilla pound cake, sliced strawberries and sliced bananas.
This Chocolate Peanut Butter Fondue Recipe is not only a great fondue recipe, but it also doubles as a chocolate sauce and is perfect on cakes, ice cream and even brownies.
Ready for the recipe?
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fondue Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso or coffee powder
- 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces peanut butter chips
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Place water, cream, coffee, sugar, chocolate and peanut butter chips and vanilla extract into the Vitamix container and secure lid. Select speed 1 and turn machine on. Increase speed to the 10 level and then to high. Blend for approximately 5 minutes or until melted and smooth and chocolate is melted and heated by the Vitamix. Serve chocolate peanut butter fondue into a bowl and surround on platter with desired dippers. Serve while warm and enjoy.
How fun is this picture? I love how much fun they are having with their dessert. It’s one of my favorite food + kid pictures. I haven’t seen a face full of food, like this, since they were babies.
Makes my heart melt just a bit.
Want to get your hands on a Vitamix too? The Vitamix Professional 500 Blender retails for $599.95 and can be purchased at Williams-Sonoma. I borrowed this Vitamix from my friends at Williams-Sonoma Philadelphia because – well, you know – we’re cool like that.
So tell me, do you fondue?
I am fortunate enough to have a wonderful, working relationship with Williams-Sonoma Philadelphia. I was not compensated for this post and this post does not include affiliate links.