Celebrate Summer with a shot of “Summer in a cup” with these adults-only Pina Colada Jello Shots.
Who’s ready to channel their inner college party girl or boy and kick Summer up a notch with these “If you like Pina Coladas ….” Pina Colada Jello Shots?
I was definitely a party girl in college. In fact, I’m still a party girl today.
Truth be told, I love having a good time and I love to entertain in my home. Even when I was a broke college student I would plan neighbor dinners and courtyard drinking parties with my roommates. Back in the day my friends and I were infamous for jello shots.
I’ve been feeling a bit nostalgic lately, thinking of my younger days, and decided to take it back to the good ole’ days with these Pina Colada Jello Shots.
Pina Colada Jello Shots – The Recipe
Pina Colada Jello Shots are easy!
There’s no other way to put it, these Pina Colada Jello Shots are an instant party starter. Not only are Jello Shots good idea to begin with, but who can resist anything pineapple-coconut during the Summer months?
Pina Colada Jello Shots turn your favorite island-cocktail into a fun party shot that will have you singing “If you like Pina Coladas…” ALL. NIGHT. LONG.
- 12 (2 oz) plastic jello shot cups
- 1 (3 oz) box JELL-O island pineapple gelatin
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup Malibu Rum - chilled
- Optional - fresh pineapple wedge, for garnish
- Optional - maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Lay the 12 jello shot cups out on a cookie sheet and set aside. Add the pineapple juice to a medium saucepan and heat under medium heat for 5 minutes. Do not allow the juice to boil. Remove from heat.
- Open the pineapple gelatin box and pour the contents into a medium mixing bowl. Pour the hot pineapple juice into the bowl with the powdered gelatin and whisk until dissolved. Add the cold Malibu rum and stir well.
- Pour the gelatin mixture into the jello shot cups, filling almost up to each rim and return the cups to the cookie sheet. Chill overnight or for at least 4 hours. Once the gelatin has set, you can place lids on the cups.
- Optional: Before serving, add a fresh pineapple wedge and maraschino
- cherry to each cup. ENJOY!!
- For those 21+