- 1 large butternut squash
- 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 1 TBS butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup of chopped peanuts
- cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut butternut squash. Melt peanut butter and butter in microwave for 1 minute to make smooth and easy to mix. Pour peanut butter and butter mixture over butternut squash, add paprika, curry powder, ground red pepper and garlic powder and mix to incorporate. Drizzle olive oil over squash and sprinkled with salt. Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven for 1 hour. Midway through cooking process, remove squash and gently turn. Sprinkle with additional olive oil and salt if needed, return to oven to complete cooking. Once squash is tender and done, place pan under broiler for 5 minutes to carmelize squash. Serve squash warm. Sprinkle each serving with chopped peanuts, cilantro garnish and a pinch of salt to finish.
My Oven Roasted Spicy Peanut Butter Butternut Squash is a great fall recipe that offers something a little different from the traditional way of serving butternut squash. This unique combination of peanut butter and butternut squash will give you the energy you need to make it through the day.
I am glad I was able to share one of my favorite peanut recipes with you. I hope you enjoyed it!
This is a compensated campaign in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and The National Peanut Board.