I was invited to experience a weekend in Hershey by the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company. All opinions are my own.
Ready to hit the road this Summer? This post provides an overview of the Hershey Lodge in Hershey, Pennsylvania and what to expect when booking at stay at the Hershey Lodge.
A couple of weeks ago I was invited to experience a weekend in Hershey by the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company as part of their Sweet Welcome Weekend. Hershey, located in Central Pennsylvania, was about a 2-hour drive from Philadelphia. My longtime friend, Melissa, who I’ve known for nearly 20 years picked me up and we drove together in her car. Melissa is also a fellow blogger at The Farm Girl Gabs. During my 3 day/2 night weekend I, along with my fellow invited bloggers, stayed at the Hershey Lodge.
About Hershey Lodge
Hershey Lodge has 665 guest rooms and 100,000 square feet of function space. Guests of the hotel have access to:
- Hershey’s Water Works and Arcade – a 30,000 square foot indoor pool and play area. While I did not have my kids with me during this trip, I know they would’ve absolutely loved the pool area with the Reese’s Water Walk and Twizzlers Twists water slide.
- Fitness Center – I squealed when I saw the Fitness Center because it had a Peloton. Peloton is an at-home indoor cycling system that allows you to take spin classes from your home (an introvert’s, like me, dream come true!). A Peloton is on my wish list.
- Outdoor Pool
- Basketball Court
- Tennis Court
- Miniature Golf Course
While at the Hershey Lodge I had a fun run-in with some of the Hershey’s characters.
I checked out some of the lodge information during my stay and also learned that families can also enjoy:
- Animal Encounters with ZooAmerica
- Chocolate Bingo
- S’mores Roasts
- Kids’ Crafts
- Family Game Room
Single King Room
I stayed in a Single King Room while at the Hershey Lodge. The room featured a king-size bed, sitting chair and ottoman, television, mini-fridge, dressers and tables, ample closet space, large bathroom with shower and bath amenities including lotion, shampoo and conditioner (all chocolate scented!)
I took a quick tour of my room and made a video. Check it out below!
Dining at Hershey Lodge
There are so many places to eat and drink at the Hershey Lodge. Dining at Hershey Lodge includes:
- The Forebay – We had cocktail hour here with a sampling of some of their menu items. A few of my favorites included the salmon with corn, shrimp and grits, cheesesteak grilled cheese and this beautifully, bright lemon tart.
- Fire & Grain – The group gathered at Fire & Grain for a night-cap on our first night at Hershey Loge. Fire & Grain is celebrating their one-year anniversary and from what I tasted, they are off to a delicious start. If you go, order the S’Mores Jar.
- Hershey Grill – We ate here for breakfast one morning and I ordered the best meal. Literally, everyone wanted my breakfast, the Red Flannel Hash.
The S’Mores French Toast was also a popular choice at our table.
- The Bear’s Den
- Cocoa Beanery
- Cocoa Cabana
Hershey Lodge has a nice mix of convenience and comfort for families and guests. I didn’t have a ton of time to souvenir shop for my kids so I shopped at the hotel lodge store and was incredibly impressed with the selection and prices. I brought home some cute stuff for my kids and even picked up a few bags of my favorite caramels.
If you are looking for a stress-free place to stay with your family while visiting Hersheypark, I think the Hershey Lodge is a wise choice. Hershey Lodge is one of The Official Resorts of Hersheypark, alongside The Hotel Hershey and Hersheypark Camping Resort.
I was invited to experience a weekend in Hershey by the Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company. All opinions are my own. Special thanks to Hershey for their generosity during my stay.