“Wasting the day away in Margaritaville …,” if only that was true! I would give just about anything to be in Margaritaville right now instead of battling the snow and ice we are having on a weekly basis. With today being #NationalMargaritaDay I decided to combine two of my favorite winter fruits to create a Pomegranate Clementine Margarita. My friend jokes with me because I always happen to have pomegranates on hand. One night, while mixing cocktails I offered her a Pomegranate Martini. To garnish her martini I pulled out some fresh pomegranate seeds and my friend started laughing. “Who has fresh pomegranate in their kitchen?,” she said. “Do you not know me?”, I replied.
Pomegranates are one of my favorite fruits and this is also the ideal time of the year for clementines. We often have a case of clementines on hand during the colder months. For the Pomegranate Clementine Margarita I use seedless clementines (I prefer Cuties or Halos) since the clementines are blended as part of the drink, you definitely don’t want seeds to alter the taste of the Pomegranate Clementine Margarita.
To prepare the Pomegranate Clementine Margarita I assembled my ingredients, some ice and a blender.
Pomegranate Clementine Margarita
- 3 cups ice
- 2 peeled seedless clementines
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- juice from 1/2 fresh lemon
- juice from 1/2 fresh lime
- 3 ounces tequila
- 1 oz liquid sugar
- margarita salt for glass rim
- clementine wedge and pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Combine ice, clementines, pomegranate seeds, lemon juice, lime juice, tequila and liquid sugar in blender. Blend until smooth and icy. Rim margarita glass with salt, pour in Pomegranate Clementine Margarita and garnish with clementine wedge and pomegranate seeds. Serve.
I can’t think of a better way to celebrate #NationalMargaritaDay. You will love the uniqueness of this margarita and how the flavors of pomegranate and clementine combine for the perfect margarita.
Enjoy and Cheers!
This article was written by food blogger Linda Arceo for Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps.