Break out the grill and enjoy Summer seafood and vegetables with this easy and elegant Grilled Shrimp Iceberg Lettuce Wedge Salad.
If you are like me than enjoy the simplicity of an iceberg lettuce wedge salad. It’s one of those dishes that I always seem to order when I’m out but rarely make for myself at home. With the warm weather we are having here on the East Coast I decided I wanted something light so I prepared an easy and elegant Grilled Shrimp Iceberg Lettuce Wedge Salad.
With the freshness of Summer seafood and vegetables around my parts it was a natural fit to combine the two for this dish. I began with fresh iceberg lettuce which I found from a local farmer’s stand. I washed the lettuce and then cut the head into four separate wedges.
I then picked up some fresh shrimp from the grocery store and tossed them lightly in olive oil, lemon juice and spices before cooking them over a hot grill.
As the shrimp were cooking I coated them in some additional cajun spices and prepared the rest of my ingredients by chopping the cooked bacon, slicing lemon wedges and pulling my favorite blue cheese dressing from the refrigerator.
To serve I simply placed the wedges on a serving platter, coated the wedges with the blue cheese dressing (use your favorite brand), sprinkled with chopped bacon and served with as many grilled shrimp as you want. I offered lemon wedges on the side and a nice, cold beer (of course!)
Grilled Shrimp Iceberg Lettuce Wedge Salad.
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup cooked bacon chopped
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1-2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1-2 teaspoons Cajun Spices
- 16-20 shrimp 4-5 grilled shrimp per salad, depending on side
- 1 jar or bottle of your favorite blue cheese dressing
- lemon wedges
- chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- favorite Summer beer optional
- Wash the head of iceberg lettuce. Cut into four equal wedges.
- Toss raw shrimp is olive oil, lemon juice and cajun spices. Cook over hot grill, coating shrimp with additional cajun spices (to taste) as the shrimp cook.
- To serve, plate the wedges on a tray or plate. Coat generously with blue cheese dressing. Top wedges with chopped bacon and arrange 4-5 grilled shrimp per wedge. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with lemon wedges.
If you are planning a dinner party or a casual dinner with family and friends, this Grilled Shrimp Iceberg Lettuce Wedge Salad can serve as the perfect pre-meal starter or a light main course.