Finish your holiday desserts with these festive and easy chocolate Christmas tree pretzels.
Have I ever mentioned how much I hate baking? I WILL bake and CAN bake but don’t enjoy it very much. I’d much rather spend my time in the kitchen cooking something savory rather than something sweet. I think it has to do with the precision involved in baking; I just don’t have the patience for it.
But today, I have the easiest treat and it doesn’t involve baking at all! These super simple Chocolate Christmas Tree Pretzels are made in minutes and require minimal ingredients. Can we get three cheers for a Christmas recipe for us non-bakers?!
To begin, you will want to gather your ingredients. This Chocolate Christmas Tree Pretzels recipe calls for pretzel sticks, Wilton green candy melts and sprinkles. You will also need a few supplies such as a sandwich bag and wax or parchment paper.
To begin, you will want to line the baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Next, pour the candy melts in a microwave safe dish and heat until melted. I then lined several pretzel sticks on the baking sheet with enough room on each side of the pretzel for the “tree.” To make the “tree,” I poured the melted chocolate into a sandwich bag and snipped the corner of the bag and then gently squeezed the bag to release the melted candy melts and moved my hand back and forth while “drawing” a “tree” shape on top of the pretzel stick.
Before the candy melts had a chance to set, I quickly decorated the “trees” with sprinkles and stars to resemble a decorated Christmas tree.
I then repeated the process until I had the desired amount of Chocolate Christmas Tree Pretzels.
- 16 oz package of pretzel sticks
- 12 oz package of Wilton green candy melts
- Wilton star sprinkles
- Wilton multi-colored sprinkles
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Pour the green candy melts into a microwave safe dish. Heat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until melted. Remove from the oven and let cool a few minutes.
- Line several pretzels up on the baking sheet a few inches apart.
- Scoop the melted chocolate into a sandwich baggy. Snip a corner and gently squeeze the chocolate from the sandwich baggy onto the middle top party of the pretzel going back and forth and make a ‘tree’.
- Place a star on top of the tree and add multi-colored sprinkles.
- Repeat this process until you have your desired amount of Christmas trees.
If you are slacking on holiday baking like I am, then these Chocolate Christmas Tree Pretzels need a spot on your to-do list this weekend.