This is a sponsored post in partnership with Veetee Rice.
Did you hear that? That’s the sound of me doing the happy dance in my kitchen.
I just figured out how to make one of my most favorite foods in less than 30 minutes and without putting on my oven. Today’s post is a take on stuffed peppers with my Deconstructed Stuffed Pepper Rice Bowl in partnership with Veetee Rice.
When it comes to comfort foods and favorite meals, stuffed peppers are very high on my list. But, with the hot Summer weather who wants to put a hot oven on? With the rising popularity of rice bowls, I thought it would be genius to make a Deconstructed Stuffed Pepper Rice Bowl so I can enjoy the flavors and textures of stuffed peppers but without all the work and long cooking time.
By using Veetee Rice, I not only had perfectly cooked, flavorful rice to serve as my rice bowl base but I also had the rice cooked and ready to get started for the Deconstructed Stuffed Pepper Rice Bowl in as little as two minutes.
Veetee Rice is a deliciously convenient, heat and eat, microwaveable rice made with specially selected ingredients. Available in a range of plain and flavored options each pack of Veetee contains no artificial flavorings, colors or preservatives. Simply heat in the microwave or stir-fry in a wok for 2 minutes and enjoy. So simple, yet so delicious.
To begin my Deconstructed Stuffed Pepper Rice Bowl, I cooked some ground beef with sliced garlic and onions in one pan and some red and green bell pepper in another pan until they were soft.
I then heated a package of Veetee Rice. I decided to use the whole-grain brown rice for this recipe but you could also use the long-grain white rice as well.
To heat, you just peel back the plastic covering of the package and place in the microwave.
Once heated, I spooned the rice into a large bowl to serve as my rice bowl base. It was so light and fluffy and had just the right amount of tenderness to it which I look for when eating rice.
From there, I built my Deconstructed Stuffed Pepper Rice Bowl by adding cooked red and green bell peppers, diced tomatoes, cooked ground beef and cheese. It tasted just like a traditional stuffed pepper and I was in heaven.
- 3 packages of Veetee Heat & Eat Rice
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 14.5 ounce can of petite diced tomatoes
- 2 red and green bell peppers, chopped
- drizzle of olive oil
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Dice white onion and garlic an add to pan. Cook until translucent. Add ground beef and cook until done. Drain fat and keep warm until ready to use. In separate pan, add a small amount of oil and add chopped peppers. Cook until soft but not browned. Pour diced tomatoes in a microwave safe bowl and warm for about 3-4 minutes. Warm Veetee Rice in microwave according to directions. One all ingredients are cooked and/or warmed, begin preparing rice bowls. Start with a base of rice, then add warmed tomatoes as the next layer. Top with tomatoes with the cooked ground beef. Surround perimeter of bowl with red and green bell peppers. Top with shredded cheese and parsley garnish.
So, if you enjoy a good stuffed pepper but hate all the effort it takes to make them, give my Deconstructed Stuffed Pepper Rice Bowl a try. Make sure to pick up some Veetee Rice to make your rice bowl, or any other recipe, even easier without skimping of flavor and freshness.
You’ve got to give this recipe a try and take your rice bowls to a whole new level.
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Veetee Rice. Veetee Rice is available at ShopRite.
This post was written by Linda Arceo for Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps. All rights reserved.