It’s hot chocolate season! Kick up your cup of hot cocoa with these fun and festive Candy Cane Marshmallow Pops. They are great on their own and even better in your hot chocolate.
There is something about this red and white confection that makes me a total candy cane fan. Some of my favorite candy cane recipes from the blog include my Candy Cane Eggnog, Chocolate-Dipped Candy Canes and Peppermint Bark Eggnog.
Candy Cane Marshmallow Pops
These Candy Cane Marshmallow Pops are easy to make. You will need marshmallows, chocolate chips, coconut oil and one box of candy canes or peppermints.
To begin, I placed a straw through the center of each marshmallow. I then melted the hot chocolate and crushed the candy canes in a food processor.
Another step for these easy Candy Cane Marshmallow Pops is to dip the marshmallows half way in chocolate. You will want to let the chocolate set for about one minute, and then sprinkle with peppermint crumbs.
Finally, you need to place the dipped marshmallows in the freezer until hardened.
- 1 bag of Marshmallows
- Red and White Straws (cut in half)
- 1 cup of Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- 1 box of Candy Canes or 1 small bag of Peppermints
- Start by placing a straw through the center of each marshmallow.
- Place your chocolate chips and coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 30 second intervals, stirring frequently, until melted.
- Candy canes or peppermints should be crushed in a food processor and process into small pieces, as shown.
- Dip your marshmallow half way in chocolate.
- Let chocolate set for about one minute, and then sprinkle with peppermint crumbs.
- Allow some time in the freezer until fully hardened.
- Serve and enjoy!
What a Treat!
These Candy Cane Marshmallow Pops are the perfect Christmas treat on their own or are even better when paired with a cup of warm hot chocolate. Why not pair these Candy Cane Marshmallow Pops with a few envelopes of instant hate chocolate for an edible Christmas gift for neighbors or to people like your hairdresser, manicurist, bus driver or mail carrier?
Before you go, be sure to check out this blog post for even more candy cane recipes —>> 25 Creative Candy Cane Recipes.