Are you feeling the Christmas spirit yet? If not, perhaps this Grinch Green Hot Chocolate is for you – you big grinch! The GGG boys kicked off the holiday spirit on the blog with this fun, character-inspired hot chocolate for the latest edition of Mini Chef Mondays.
I got the idea for Grinch Green Hot Chocolate from my friend Melissa of the Farm Girl Gabs. She made Elsa’s Minty Hot Chocolate on her blog and I absolutely loved the way it looked. I knew there was no way my boys would even think of drinking that because they think they are too cool for anything girly, like Frozen (at least that’s what they claim). So instead, I used her post as inspiration and made a few changes to turn Elsa’s Minty Hot Chocolate into Grinch Green Hot Chocolate.
To start, the boys melted white chocolate chips and green candy melts in a pot of warmed milk.
We topped our Grinch Green Hot Chocolate with whipped cream, green and black candy and lots of red sprinkles.
So fun and so tasty!
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup green candy melts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-6 drops green food coloring (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- assorted green, black and red sprinkles
- Add milk to a medium sauce pan and heat thoroughly. Do not boil. Lower heat and add white chocolate chips and green candy melts and stir until they dissolve. Add vanilla extract and 5-6 drops of green food coloring. Pour green hot chocolate in a cup. Top with whipped cream and assorted colored sprinkles.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well. We would love it if you would share your Mini Chef posts with us each week, too! Follow along socially and join in on the fun by using our hashtag #MiniChefMondays to share creations your mini chef created in the kitchen. Additionally, if you have a kid-friendly recipe that kids can easily recreate link up! Don’t have a blog? Share the URL of your instagram photo in our linky below.
- Christmas Tree Holiday Brownies // Courtney’s Sweets
- Applesauce Cinnamon Ornaments // Momma Lew
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls // Baby Loving Mama
- Christmas Inspired Rice Krispie Treats // We’re Parents
- Creamy & Crunchy Chicken Crescents // Frugal Novice
- Asian Pork Belly Bean Soup Recipe // Eating Richly
- Grinch Green Hot Chocolate // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Pizza Burger Sliders // Step Stool Chef
- Cheese Blintzes with Strawberry Sauce Like Your Grandmother Made // Vegging at the Shore
- Gourmet Potatoes // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- Gingerbread Pancakes // O’Boy! Organic
- Hanukkah Gelt Cookies! // Can’t Google Everything
This post was written by Linda Arceo for Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps. All rights reserved.