Are you ready for lighter summertime meals? I don’t know about you but I sure am.
We are starting a heat wave here on the East Coast this week which means it is going to be way to hot to cook and if I must cook it is going to be super easy meals that I can make outdoors (to keep the house cool) and don’t sit heavily in my stomach. On the menu this week will be this super simple Spinach Chickpea Pesto Chicken Wrap.
To begin, I grilled some chicken breasts until they were fully cooked, seasoning with just salt and pepper.
Once the chicken was grilled, I chopped it up into bite-sized chunks and added to a can of chickpeas, feta cheese, juice from half a fresh squeezed lemon and some fresh parsley to create the wrap’s filling mixture.
I then prepared my wraps for the filling. I used spinach wraps and smeared about two tablespoons of jarred pesto sauce on the wrap and then placed fresh spinach along the one side of the wrap.
I then spooned the chicken mixture on top of the spinach being careful not to add to much mixture or it will be difficult to wrap and keep everything tightly inside.
Lastly, I rolled the wrap tightly and secured the wrap with a toothpick.
The result is a deliciously simple and fast Spinach Chickpea Pesto Chicken Wrap that is perfect for those hot, summer days when you want to make dinner but want to keep it light and simple.
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled
- 2 large spinach wraps
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Juice from half of a fresh lemon
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 jar prepared pesto
- Grill chicken and chop into bite-sized pieces. Place in a medium bowl with chickpeas, feta, and fresh parsley. Toss with fresh lemon juice. Smear pesto sauce on two spinach wraps and line one side of each wrap with fresh spinach. Distribute mixture between the two tortillas and wrap. Cut in half and enjoy.
- Tip: If wraps are not pliable, place in microwave for 15 seconds to warm up.
This post was written by Linda Arceo for Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps. All rights reserved.
This post features products from Passanantes Home Food Services. Stay tuned from more on this series.