After a brief Memorial Day hiatus the mini cheffers are back for this week’s Mini Chef Mondays! The GGG boys welcomed Summer with the perfect dish for the warm weather.
In May we were fortunate enough to be invited to the coveted Disney Social Media Moms Celebration. This is actually our second time attending this great conference and we enjoyed the wonderful time enjoying all things Disney.
One of the best kept secrets about this great celebration is the nightly room drops of secret surprises that magically appear in your hotel room while you are out and about attending the conference’s activities. One night, while we were enjoying a full day in the park, we returned to our room to find a bunch of goodies including an awesome allergy-friendly Disney-inspired cookbook and we knew it had to make a Mini Chef Mondays appearance.
This recipe for Minnie’s Cucumber Salad was a perfect dish for the boys to recreate because it involved one of their most favorite vegetables, cucumbers, and involved a new gadget to expose the boys to – a mandolin slicer. Let’s just say, risky kitchen tools make the GGG boys super excited, they couldn’t wait to jump in.
The boys began preparing the cucumber salad by thinly slicing a medium-sized cucumber on the mandolin.
We successfully completed this task without losing any fingers so that deserved a thumbs up.
Once the first step was completed we added the rice vinegar, sugar, salt and red pepper flakes.
This dish just couldn’t be any simpler and they boys loved it! It is similar to pickles but with a sweet, tangy flavor and just a little bit of heat (leave the pepper flakes out if your kids don’t like the spice). I can’t wait to make this again it was so good.
- 1 medium-sized cucumber
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- pinch of salt to taste
- crushed red pepper
- Thinly slice the cucumber and add to a bowl. In the bowl combine the rice vinegar, sugar and salt to taste. Finish with crushed red pepper (leave out if too hot). Serve.
- This recipe is directly from the cookbook.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Chicken Quesadillas // Courtney’s Sweets
- Perfect Guacamole Recipe // Momma Lew
- Patriotic Pudding Cookies // Finding Zest
- Caramel Banana Ice Cream // We’re Parents
- Korean Tacos Crockpot Recipe // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Make Your Own Trail Mix // Vegging at the Shore
- Ice Cream Making with Kids // O’Boy! Organic
- Razzmatazz Iced Lemonade // My Mini Adventurer