Enjoy these perfect, on-the-go Pink Lemonade Bars for dessert all Summer long.
I have a couple of rules when it comes to making desserts. They can’t be overly complicated, should be quick and easy to make and should be seasonally appropriate. These Pink Lemonade Bars check all of these boxes and will quickly become a Summertime favorite.
Pink Lemonade Bars
The Pink Lemonade Bars begin with some Jersey Fresh strawberries, fresh lemons, eggs, butter and dry ingredients.
To start, I preheated my oven to 350 degrees. While the oven was heating I prepared the crust by creaming the sugar and butter together and adding the flour and zest.
The dough was then pressed into a 9×13 pan that I lined with aluminum foil.
For the filing I blended the strawberries until liquified and then beat together with the eggs, sugar, zest, juice, puree and flour until combined.
I then poured the filling over hot crust and baked 35-38 minutes or until the middle was set.
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (from 1.5-2 lemons)
- 5-6 strawberries (enough to make ¼ cup puree), cleaned and stems removed
- ½ cup flour
- Optional- 1/8 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 pan with foil.
- FOR CRUST: In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter together. Add flour and zest, beat on low until combined. Press dough into prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes, leave oven on. Prepare filling while crust is baking.
- FOR FILLING: In a blender or food processor, blend strawberries until liquefied. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, zest, juice, puree, and flour, until combined. Pour filling over hot crust, and bake for 35-38 minutes, or until middle is set.
- Cool and refrigerate for at least an hour. Dust with powdered sugar (optional).
Perfect Summer Dessert!
I loved how the Pink Lemonade Bars turned out. They are perfect for Summer and will be a hit at your next BBQ. They are also easy to transport making them a great addition to your Summer picnic or beach/poolside meal.