Why order Chinese from take out when you can just make it at home? This super simple Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe makes you feel like you are ordering out but without the need to leave your house or overpay.
I absolutely love Chinese and Japanese food. Whenever my husband asks where I’d like to eat or order out from undoubtably I am suggesting my favorite Asian restaurant. Almost always my family can find something they like on the menu – from edamame (or magic beans as my little one calls them), to sushi to fried rice – it really is a dinner choice that pleases all.
The other day I was craving Chinese food but really, really did not want to go out. It was one of those hermit days and I was determined to stay in my pajamas all day while still satisfying my never-ending food cravings. So, to satisfy my urge I went straight to the kitchen and assessed what I had on hand. While taking an inventory of my proteins I noticed I have beef strips in my freezer – I immediately thought stir fry! I then checked my produce drawer and noticed a beautiful head of fresh broccoli. Without question it was a beef and broccoli kind of night.
This Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe requires just a few simple ingredients and about 30 minutes of your time. You will need beef strips, broccoli (trimmed and cut), soy sauce and a few other pantry staples.
- 1 1/2 lbs beef strips
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces and steamed
- Steamed rice
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Add beef and onion to a large pan. Add sesame oil and season beef with salt and pepper. Cook until beef is browned. In a mixing bowl whisk together beef broth, soy sauce, fish sauce and garlic. Season mixture with additional salt and pepper to taste. Remove beef and onions from pan and pour liquid into pan. Add cornstarch, whisking in, and cook until liquid is thickened. Add beef and onions into pan again and cook until meat is cooked through. Add in steamed broccoli pieces . Continue to cook until sauce is thickened. Remove onions. Serve warm over rice sprinkled with optional sesame seeds.
Who needs take out when you can have a Take Out-Fake Out?
Next you have a Chinese food craving, make this Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe.
This post was written by Linda Arceo for Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps. All rights reserved.