This is a sponsored post in collaboration with #FoodieChats and Uncle Ben’s® Brand Rice. #BensBeginners
Check out what my mini chef made this week, an Autumn Harvest Rice Bowl, in partnership with Uncle Ben’s ® Brand and their Ben’s Beginners movement.
We had a beautiful weekend of Fall weather which totally put us in the mood for all of the flavors of Fall so my little chef and I did what we do best and created the perfect recipe to welcome the changing of the seasons. Thanks to a partnership with Uncle Ben’s® Brand and their new Ben’s Beginners movement we were able to create a recipe that is simple enough for a young chef to create with a little help from Mom or Dad.
Ben’s Beginners™ is a movement to inspire families to cook together. This year we have launched beginners.unclebens.com to offer fun, interactive cooking lessons and family-friendly recipes. Families who visit the website and participate in lessons have a chance to win $15,000 for themselves and $30,000 towards a cafeteria makeover for their schools.
Each of the cooking lessons walks families through a cooking skill, including stirring, chopping, peeling and measuring, and a select Uncle Ben’s® recipe like Cranberry Rice Stuffed Pork Chop, Black Bean and Rice Open-Faced Tacos, Chicken, Broccoli & Rice Casserole, Meatballs and Rice ad Cheesy Rainbow Rice with Ground Beef. You can find all of the recipes here: https://beginners.unclebens.com/cooking-lessons.
We used some of the skills learned from each of the lessons, like chopping, measuring and pouring to create our own recipe for Mini Chef Mondays, Autumn Rice Harvest Bowl.
To begin, we started with Uncle Ben’s® Whole Grain Brown Ready Rice, chopped butternut squash, chopped brussels sprouts, kale and dried cranberries which we then tossed in olive oil and roasted in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
The result was a delicious rice bowl perfect for the Fall season.
Believe it or not, my kids BEG for brussels sprouts so this dish was a total winner in their book. My little chef was so proud of himself.
- 1 bag of Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Brown Rice Ready Rice
- 1 large cup of chopped butternut squash
- 1 large cup of chopped brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped kale
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Chop butternut squash and brussels sprouts. Add to baking sheet and toss with olive oil and salt. Bake 30 minutes. Microwave Ready Rice according to package. In a large bowl combine rice, roasted vegetables, dried cranberries and chopped kale. Lightly toss to combine. Serve warm.
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins // Courtney’s Sweets
- Black Spider Party Punch for Halloween // Finding Zest
- Easy Halloween Breakfast for Kids // Eating Richly
- Cold Sesame Sweet Potato Noodles // Vegging at the Shore
- Spooky Spaghetti Spiders // My Mini Adventurer
Use this recipe to cook with your family on International Cook with Your Kids Day which is Saturday, October 15, 2016. International Cook with Your Kids Day is a movement launched by Uncle Ben’s® to encourage families to cook together, and to raise awareness about the myriad benefits of parents and kids cooking together. Participants around the globe are encouraged to post photos, videos, and/or stories of their families cooking together using #LookWhatWeMade.
Let’s get kids cooking! Join us on Monday 9/26 for #Foodiechats with sponsor @UncleBens for #BensBeginners 8pm ET! Join in on the conversation by following @FoodieChats on Twitter. ow.ly/cT23304vroq
This is a sponsored post in collaboration with #FoodieChats and the Uncle Ben’s® Brand. As always, opinions are my own.