This is a sponsored post.
If you ever want to get on my good side greet me with Prosecco. While I am widely known as a beer girl, and have never been known to turn down a cold beer, I have a definite affinity for Prosecco. Today, I am joining forces with the Wild Blueberry Association of North America to share my latest cocktail creation, the Wild Blueberry Cantaloupe Mint Fizz.
For this Wild Blueberry Cantaloupe Mint Fizz I opted to use wild blueberries over larger, regular blueberries because they offer a more intense flavor and color, are available year round, offer more berries per pound and are rich in antioxidants (double, actually). I also like that wild blueberries are frozen which means I can always have them on hand whenever I need them for my favorite cocktails and smoothies, appetizers, baked goods and desserts.
Lately, my husband and I have been enjoying a nightly cocktail after the kids have gone to bed. It’s our time to reconnect after our busy day, discuss what’s in store for tomorrow and break down any big plans on the horizon.
Last night, while fiddling in my at-home bar I perfected these Wild Blueberry Cantaloupe Mint Fizz cocktails. I can tell you – the fact that I made these with wild blueberries definitely took this cocktail to the next level.
Th wild blueberries offered a deep blueberry flavor to this drink, essentially turning the Prosecco into Wild Blueberry Prosecco (which reminded me of one of my favorite Blueberry Champagnes from a local New Jersey winery). The recipe includes lots and lots of wild blueberries, muddled mint, liquid sugar and cantaloupe balls which are topped off with vodka and Prosecco. The Prosecco fizzes up and captures the juicy syrup from the wild blueberries adding a sweet and sour flavor to this cocktail.
See the syrupy goodness?
Considering Wild Blueberries? Here’s what you need to know:
– Most Wild Blueberries are frozen at harvest, locking in their intense blueberry flavor and antioxidant power.
– Frozen Fresh Wild Blueberries are just as nutritious as fresh and may even retain their nutritional value longer.
– Frozen Fresh Wild Blueberries are available year-round; they can be used right out of the freezer – no thawing required (making them perfect for cocktails and frozen beverages)
- 1 cup frozen Wild Blueberries
- 6-8 cantaloupe balls
- 2 handfuls of fresh mint
- 2 TBSP liquid sugar
- 2 ounces vodka
- Bottle of Prosecco
- * Directions are for one cocktail. Ingredients are for two cocktails
- Muddle a handful of mint and 1/4 cup of wild blueberries in the bottom of your glass. Pour 1 TBSP of liquid sugar on top of the wild blueberries and mint. Fill cup with ice, top with another 1/4 cup of wild blueberries and 3-4 cantaloupe balls and pour 1 ounce of vodka on top. Lightly stir. Pour Prosecco on top to fill glass. Garnish with mint leaves.
- * Directions are for one cocktail.
- * Ingredients are for two cocktails.
- * Serve cocktail in short glass.
Seriously, how good is this drink? If I hadn’t finished all of the Prosecco last night I would totally be making another one of these tonight. I guess I need to head to the store. Remember, if you are heading to the store to pick up the ingredients for this cocktail recipe – Wild Blueberries are available in the frozen-food section. Cheers!
This is a sponsored post. I was compensated to write about Wild Blueberries. Recipe and opinions are my own.
This article was written by food blogger Linda Arceo and Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps