Try this for the perfect Summer dessert,
No Bake Rice Krispies S’Mores Tacos
It has been so hot here on the East Coast! The other day I was invited to my friend’s house and she asked if I could bring dessert. I really didn’t want to turn on my oven so I had to get a little creative … introducing No Bake Rice Krispies S’mores Tacos!
No Bake Rice Krispies S’mores Tacos
The No Bake Rice Krispies S’mores Tacos begins with a few simple ingredients including crisp rice cereal, mini marshmallows, chocolate buttercream, chocolate syrup and crushed graham crackers.
To prepare the “shell” for the No Bake Rice Krispies S’mores Tacos, I combined the crisp rice cereal with butter and mini marshmallows to create “cereal treats” mixture. I then shaped the mixture into circles and curled each one around a wooden dowel to create a taco-like shell and allowed it to set.
The next step was to fill the shells with the chocolate buttercream.
Next, a layer of graham cracker crumbs and mini marshmallows were added and topped with chocolate syrup.
Ready for the recipe?
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 4.5 cups rice cereal
- Wooden dowels or wooden spoons (for shaping)
- Chocolate buttercream
- 5 tbsp graham cracker crumbs
- Chocolate syrup
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside. In a medium-sized pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add 4.5 cups of your mini marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add rice cereal to the melted marshmallow and fold. Continue folding until both ingredients are completely combined.
- Shape the cereal treats into flat circles, about ½ inch in thickness and 3 inches in diameter. Curl each one around a wooden dowel. Place on lined baking sheet and allow to set.
- Once your taco-shaped cereal treats are set, add a layer of chocolate buttercream in it. Then, add a layer of graham cracker crumbs and mini marshmallows. Top with chocolate syrup and enjoy!
These No Bake Rice Krispies S’mores Tacos are super cute and are perfect for Taco Tuesday, a Summer BBQ or even a themed party. Whip up a batch the next time you are charged with a Summer dessert.
Looking for more dessert tacos?
I actually whipped up some Dessert Tacos with my kids a couple of years ago. This is one of my all-time favorite recipes on the blog! Make sure to check it out after this recipe.
Whichever recipe you choose, either the No Bake Rice Krispies S’mores Tacos or the Dessert Tacos, you are guaranteed a delicious treat. Why not try them both?