When it comes to after-school snacks, our snack game deserves an A+. I’m not sure about your kids, but when my kids come home from school they are hungry and need a quick snack, pronto. The first few weeks of the new school year are still pretty hot around here and these Frozen Banana Yogurt Pops are a nutritious, cool snack that I can make ahead of time and have ready to go when my boys get home.
The ingredients couldn’t be any easier – our favorite siggi’s yogurt, halved bananas, melted chocolate and an assortment of toppings. We chose sliced almonds, coconut, chocolate chips and peanut butter granola.
I gave my mini chefs a head start by halving the bananas and covering them with the yogurt and freezing them for about an hour. From there my mini chefs took over dipping the bananas in the chocolate and dipping it in the assorted toppings.
My little guy loved the way his coconut dipped banana turned out.
Aside from the freezing time for the bananas, this is one simple treat that can literally be made in an instant.
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and cut in half
- 1 cup (5.3oz) siggi’s Vanilla 0% yogurt
- 4 oz dark chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup of toppings (shredded coconut, almonds etc.)
- 4 wooden frozen treat sticks
- Insert the banana halves with a wooden popsicle stick, cover with siege's yogurt and place in the freezer to harden, about 2 hours or overnight. Remove from freezer and dip each frozen banana into melted chocolate and then sprinkle with your favorite toppings. Store uneaten snacks in the freezer.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started.
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Turkey Cucumber Sandwich // Courtney’s Sweets
- Homemade Dunkaroos // Momma Lew
- Homemade Fruit Cup for School Lunch // Finding Zest
- Smores Waffles // We’re Parents
- Canned Tuna Sushi for Kids // Eating Richly
- Vegetarian Quinoa Chili // Vegging at the Shore
- Top 5 Back to School Lunch Must Haves // O’Boy! Organic
- Cucumber Ants on a Log // My Mini Adventurer