When I was making this drink, the Pineapple Sriracha Margarita, the song “Pineapple Princess” was playing in my head over and over again. What can I say? I am a fan of THE Annette Funicello. But then I took a sip of this drink and Robert Palmer’s “Some Like It Hot” seemed to sum it up much better.
If you haven’t figured it out yet, I am a huge fan of sriracha. I was even greeted by a friend at a pool party with a sriracha t-shirt as a running joke because he wants me to make him my famous sriracha wings. I’ve served these wings, and many other sriracha favorites at parties, barbecues and gatherings with friends. Now, I have yet another sriracha favorite to add to the menu, my Pineapple Sriracha Margarita
To begin, I start with some pineapple. For this recipe, you can go with fresh or canned, although I think the canned variety works a bit better. From there you add some good tequila, (for this recipe I used Blue Nectar Tequila),a spice rimmed glass and sriracha drizzle. How can this go wrong?
This Pineapple Sriracha Margarita is not for the faint of heart. You have to love tequila and you must have a love for the spicier side of life. I have a love for the hot – the spicier the food, the better – so this margarita is a dream come true for me.
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 can of pineapple chunks (in 100& juice)
- 1/2 cup. orange juice
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup (or liquid sugar, agave or honey)
- juice of one lime
- juice of one lemon
- 4 ounces tequila
- 1 tablespoon triple sec
- spice blend for serving (Vulcan Fire Salt or St. Lucifer Spice)
- lime wedge and pineapple chunks for serving
- Put all ingredients into the blender. Blend on high speed for about one minute. Rim the glasses with spice blend. To rim, pour spice blend into a shallow dish. Use a lime wedge and rim the glass before dipping glass in spice mixture. Pour the margarita into the rimmed margarita glasses and garnish with a wedge of lime, pineapple chunks and sriracha drizzle.
So, if you are looking for the perfect cocktail to take you right into the weekend, definitely consider giving my Pineapple Sriracha Margarita a try and get ready to spice things up a bit.
You know what they say, “some like it hot.”
This post was written by Linda Arceo for Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps. All rights reserved.
Samples of Blue Nectar Tequila were received by the brand to facilitate this post. This is not a sponsored post.