Paleo-Friendly Eggs Over Easy with Jalapeño Sweet Potato Hash
- 2 eggs
- 1 sweet potato - peeled
- coconut oil Coconut oil is used often as a "good" fat on the paleo diet. If you don't have coconut oil you could use butter or vegetable oil too
- jalapeño jarred or fresh
- 1. Shred the sweet potato with a box grater or food processor. You don't want to shred on the finest cut but regular grated cut is best.
- 2. Put a little of the coconut oil in the pan and heat You could use a cast iron skillet here if desired.
- 3. Add shredded sweet potato to warm pan and cook on medium for about 15-20 minutes or until sweet potato is light brown.
- 4. Add jalapeño to sweet potato. How much you add is up to your heat tolerance. I add about a teaspoon of jarred diced jalapeño if using fresh, use less.
- 5. In a separate pan, cook eggs over easy.
- 6. Add eggs on top of the sweet potato hash and serve!
Jennifer Oxenford is a mother of two and the founder/blogger at phillyfun4kids, your place to find free and mostly free things to do with your kids in and around the great city of motherly love. You can also follow phillyfun4kids on twitter at @phillyfun4kids and facebook at www.facebook.com/
Thank you, thank you, thank you to Jennifer for today’s post. I know what’s on my breakfast menu for Saturday! Yum!
Stay connected with food blogger Linda Arceo and Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps