This Mango Pineapple Honey Jalapeño Wings recipe is part of the Sam’s Fresh Salsa Blogger Recipe Challenge. Samples were provided as part of this contest.
If there is one food that I will never turn down, it is wings. As a huge football fan, nothing screams game day more than wings. They are the ultimate party food and a universal appetizer for a crowd. So, when I was challenged by Sam’s Fresh Salsa to create the perfect appetizer, my Mango Pineapple Honey Jalapeño Wings hit the spot.
Mango Pineapple Honey Jalapeño Wings
The star of this recipe is the combination of crispy wings and the tropical flavors of Sam’s Fresh Salsa. I used the Mango Pineapple flavor with honey, jalapeño, lime and cilantro to create an appetizer that is a bold, fresh, no-fuss recipe – everything you want in a perfect appetizer and it is perfect for game day, a party or football season!
You can purchase Sam’s Fresh Salsa at: ShopRite, Acme, and Safeway. If they are not in your local store, ask them to carry Sam’s Fresh Salsa products. To learn more about Sam’s Fresh Salsa products visit their website or follow them on Facebook or Instagram.
To begin, I cooked my wings until they were nice and crispy. I like my wings a little more well done but feel free to cook them to your desired doneness.
Once the wings were cooked, I tossed them in the mango pineapple honey mixture, making sure to coat the wings thoroughly. To make the mango pineapple honey mixture, I blended a container of Sam’s Fresh Mango Pineapple Salsa with honey, lime, cilantro and jalapeños to create the perfect spicy and sweet coating.
Mango Pineapple Honey Jalapeno Wings
- 1 container Sam's Fresh Salsa Mango Pineapple
- 1/2 fresh lime, juiced
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1/2 fresh jalapeño
- few sprigs of cilantro for sauce and garnish
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Cook one dozen wings (either bake or fry) until desired doneness. I like my wings well done and crunchy.
- Dump one container of Sam's Fresh Salsa Mango Pineapple in a blender
- Add juice from 1/2 fresh lime to blender
- Add 2 TBSP of honey to blender
- Add 1/2 fresh jalapeño to blender
- Add a few sprigs of fresh cilantro to blender
- Blend until smooth
- In a large saucepan or frying pan, add blended marinade and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat to thicken and build flavor
- Toss cooked wings in blended Mango Pineapple Honey Jalapeno marinade until fully coated
- Serve warm with additional sauce on the side for dipping.
I just love dishes that excite my tastebuds, and this appetizer does just that – plus, it is so simple. Sam’s Fresh Salsa does most of the work with its delicious Mango Pineapple salsa. All you need to do is add a few extra ingredients to turn their salsa into something new. Not only does this sauce pair perfectly with wings, you can also use it on shrimp, chicken or even your favorite fish.
What an absolute winner! I can tell you these Mango Pineapple Honey Jalapeño wings will be on heavy rotation in my house. I hope you enjoy them!