We are all about the fondue. Ooooey, gooey, melty goodness with lots of luscious dippers that hit on every taste bud. We are huge fans in this house and it’s one of my boys favorite treats. This week’s Mini Chef Mondays post features Chocolate Marshmallow Fondue and let’s just stop for a minute and appreciate how delicious this recipe is. Fondue is really so easy to make at home and with a variety of dippers you can really create a dessert that meets everyone’s tastes and likes without a lot of fuss.
I wanted this week’s recipe to be a special treat for the boys. They came home last week with stellar report cards and it’s been a week of celebrations and rewards and what better way to end the weekend than with the absolute perfect treat?
We began by mixing some chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, marshmallows and coconut oil in a double broiler until all melty and warm. The boys helped by adding the chocolate chips and the marshmallow creme to the pot before adding the marshmallows and coconut oil.
The double boiler was a little too much for the boys to handle so I took on the role of mixing the chocolate and making sure everything melted before pouring it into a bowl and adding the dippers. For the dippers we arranged fresh strawberries, cut pineapple, chocolate sandwich cookies, graham crackers and marshmallows on a large try and placed the chocolate fondue in the center. The boys helped with deciding what dippers to include and with arranging them on a tray. To serve, we finished the fondue by topping it with a roasted marshmallow.
Chocolate Marshmallow Fondue
- 12 oz milk chocolate or 1 bag 11.5 oz milk chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1/4 cup marshmallow fluff
- 6 large marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Dippers pound cake cubes, strawberries, pineapple chunks, apple slices, marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate sandwich cookies
- In 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat chocolate, marshmallow fluff and marshmallows and coconut oil over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth; remove from heat. Pour into fondue pot or bowl. Serve with dippers
The Chocolate Marshmallow Fondue was a ridiculous success and beyond delicious. My little guys couldn’t wait to dig in.
It was a treat for the entire family. We gathered around the dinner table, tasting the fondue with each of the dippers and voting on which was our favorite. It was really a beautiful moment complete with the perfect dessert.
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Fruit Punch Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Mother’s Day Brunch Recipes that Kids Can Make For Mom // Momma Lew
- Quick and Easy Flatbread Pizza // Baby Loving Mama
- Brownie Bottom Raspberry Cheesecake Recipe
// We’re Parents
- Healthy Easy Strawberry Cobbler Recipe // Eating Richly Even When You’re Broke
- Chocolate Marshmallow Fondue // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- Pear Arugula Panini // Vegging at the Shore
- Double Chocolate Waffles with Berry Sauce // O’Boy! Organic
- Berry Lemon Popsicles // Can’t Google Everything