Welcome to another week of Mini Chef Mondays! Today I’m taking inspiration from a local farmer’s market to recreate a seasonally inspired Apple Cider Slushie.
My Mini Chefs and I had an impromptu visit to our local farmer’s market with friends a couple of weeks ago. We’ve been having an unseasonably warm Fall, hence the shorts, t-shirts and flip flops, but it hasn’t stopped us from enjoying our normal Fall traditions. One of our favorite Fall traditions is visiting the farmer’s market to grab our pumpkins and mums and then finishing up in the market store where we grab some apple cider donuts, whoopee pies and fresh produce. We discovered something new during our visit this year, an Apple Cider Slushie.
I knew I could easily replicate an Apple Cider Slushie at home and I knew it would be a great recipe for Mini Chef Monday.
To begin making our version of the Apple Cider Slushie we grabbed some locally made apple cider and combined it with ice, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar and vanilla and combined it in the blender until smooth like a slushie. To serve, we decided to add a sugar rim.
We dipped the rim of our glass in liquid sugar.
And then we dipped the wet rim a brown sugar-cinnamon mix to rim the glass.
Once the glasses were rimmed, we filled it with our prepared Apple Cider Slushie.
The boys loved our interpretation of the Apple Cider Slushie. It was a nice dessert alternative and is absolutely perfect for the super warm Fall weather we are having here in New Jersey.
- 3 cups of ice
- 2 cups locally made fresh apple cider
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- liquid sugar to rim glass
- sugar/cinnamon mixture to rim glass
- apple slice to garnish
- Combine ice, apple cider, cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar in a blender and blend until smooth. Rim glass with liquid sugar, followed by sugar-cinnamon mixture. Fill glass with apple cider slushie and garnish with apple slice. Enjoy!
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 5 fabulous bloggers, find out more about the Mini Chef Mondays Team!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Giant Cookie Recipe // Courtney’s Sweets
- Pumpkin Banana Smoothie // Finding Zest
- Thanksgiving Turkey Veggie Tray // Eating Richly
- No Bake Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes // Vegging at the Shore
- Easy Toasted Pumpkin Seeds // My Mini Adventurer