We are super huge churro fans in this house. Looking to recreate that flavor and extend it to our breakfast table we decided to play around in the kitchen to see what we could come up with. So for today’s Mini Chef Mondays we are sharing these delicious, churro-inspired, Cinnamon Sugar Waffle Sticks.
We had a guest in the kitchen with us this week, my nephew Trevor. He is staying with us for a while so expect to see him on a few Mini Chef Mondays over the next few weeks. He is a total foodie – like his favorite aunt – so I knew he would totally dig these Cinnamon Sugar Waffle Sticks.
To begin, we made our favorite waffle mix (use boxed kind if you have to) and busted out my awesome waffle iron (this thing makes the best waffles and I found it at a yard sale!). We then made a large batch of cinnamon-sugar blend and sprinkled a bit in the waffles as they cook. Once the waffles were ready we brushed them with butter and then coated them in more cinnamon and sugar while they were still warm.
From there I cut them into sticks and served them with syrup for dipping.
- 1 batch of prepared waffle mix (your favorite recipe or boxed variety)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 stick of butter
- nonstick spray
- syrup for dipping
- Prepare waffle mix. Prepare cinnamon-sugar blend by combining cinnamon and sugar and mixing together. Spray waffle iron with non-stick spray. Place a scoop of waffle mix into heated waffle iron and sprinkle a 1-2 teaspoons into waffle mixture as it is cooking. Remove cooked waffles from iron. Place cinnamon-sugar mixture in deep bowl. Brush warm waffles with butter and coat waffles in cinnamon-sugar until fully coated. Cut waffles length-wise into sticks.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started, plus how to link up!
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Easy Healthy Snack Sliced Apples // Courtney’s Sweets
- Cherry Vanilla Ice Pops // Momma Lew
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter Protein Bites // Finding Zest
- Oyster Cookies // We’re Parents
- Alphabet Kids Snacks A is for Ant // Eating Richly
- Lavender White Chocolate Scones // Vegging at the Shore
- Kid Sized Chocolate Nutella Milkshakes // My Mini Adventurer