In November of 2021 I had the opportunity to attend the Naming Celebration for MSC Seashore. MSC Seashore just arrived in North America and has made Miami her homeport for the forthcoming cruise season. This post offers an overview and full guide to the MSC Seashore.
Introducing MSC Seashore
MSC Seashore connects guests closer to the sea than ever. The ship is equipped with the latest technology and is one of the most environmentally sound ships at sea. As part of MSC Seashore’s new design, 65% of MSC Seashore’s public spaces have been completely re-imagined to further enrich the onboard experience, with nearly 140,000 sq. ft. of outdoor space. One of the stand-out features is the spectacular glass-floored Bridge of Sighs located 72 feet above the Infinity Pool, offering incredible uninterrupted ocean views.
MSC Seashore also features new lounges and bars, a custom-made Venini glass sculpture, mouth-watering dining venues, a wide range of entertainment options, extravagant shops and the MSC Yacht Club “ship within a ship” concept for those seeking exclusivity and privacy within a world of choice.
MSC Seashore boasts the highest ratio of ocean-view balcony cabins in the fleet and offers a wide variety of comfortable, elegant accommodation options to suit all needs. The ship offers an impressive range of 12 types of staterooms with innovative designs and spacious outdoor areas. During my time on board the MSC Seashore for the Naming Celebration I stayed in a Balcony Cabin. There are 1,426 balcony staterooms and they range in size from 172 sq. ft. and go up to 280 sq. ft.
The ship offers an impressive range of 12 types of staterooms with innovative designs. Aside from the the Balcony Cabins, guests can choose to stay in a two-bedroom grand suite, Aurea suite-aft, Suite with private whirlpool, terraced balcony cabins and family cabins.
MSC Seashore offers an extensive choice of indoor and outdoor restaurants and bars offering a wide range of different international cuisines. Featuring 18 bars and lounges, including 12 indoor and six outdoor venues, five specialty restaurants and four main dining restaurants – the perfect dining option awaits guests on board MSC Seashore. The ship includes even more options for eating and drinking.
Some of the restaurants on board include:
- Central Park
- 5th Avenue
- Hola! Tacos and Cantina
- Butcher’s Cut
- Kaito Sushi Bar (with a very cool conveyor belt)
- Kaito Teppanyaki
- Ocean Cay
For more casual dining, the Marketplace Buffet gives guests the feeling that they are in a real marketplace with three distinct areas with different designs and ambiances – Il Mercato, La Piazza and La Trattoria.
Among MSC Seashore’s many new features, there are numerous bars and lounges for guests to enjoy a drink, a light bite or take in some of the ship’s 16+ daily hours of entertainment.
Some of my favorite bar and lounge spaces aboard MSC Seashore include:
- The Wine Bar
- Sky Bar
- Horizon Bar
- The Sports Bar
- Chef’s Court Cocktail Bar
- The Uptown Lounge
- The Champagne Bar
- Shine Bar
- Seashore Bar
Let’s Make a Splash!
The pool experience on MSC Seashore has been taken to a whole new level with enhancements and new features for all six pools, offering everything from thrills and adventure for younger guests to stylish poolside relaxation for those looking to unwind.
Some of the best spaces to make a splash include:
- Six outstanding pools including the new aft infinity pool
- Main Pool
- Fifteen whirlpools including two infinity hot tubs
- Aquadream VR and Aquapark
- Two-deck high Jungle Pool with sliding roof magrodome
Let’s Entertain You!
MSC Seashore will feature four new and original full-scale theatrical productions. They are:
- Gravity, one of two acrobatic shows on the MSC Seashore, will transport you to a virtual world featuring contortionists, acrobats and more.
- Fantasy Woods, the second acrobatic show, will delve guests into the woods of enchantment, mystery and magic.
- Seashore’s musical show called “Coast to Coast,” and will help you travel coast-to-coast across the United States through music.
- A variety show, Belle Epoque, features a full cast, amazing costumes and original set design.
As well as full-scale production shows in the ship’s 1,200-seat main theater, MSC Seashore has over 300+ different entertainment activities and 16 hours of daily entertainment for the whole family. MSC Seashore immerse guests in a series of different entertainment experiences. Choose between the main theatre or the new aft lounge, a high-tech disco, dueling piano bars, sports bar and the larger than ever casino.
In addition to the expansive on-board casino, guests can also experience the latest thrills and spills – all without leaving the ship.
MSC Seashore offers the latest high-tech adventure games in the Hall of Games, including:
- MSC Formula Racer – perfect for car racing enthusiasts, ready to get their high-speed fix.
- Immersive XD cinema – where guests can dive into alternate worlds, seen through 3D glasses.
- Run the River – Equipped with VR headsets, impressive special effects, this is a dynamic virtual indoor attraction, never seen before in the water park industry. Guests will embark on a breath-taking 360° experience through beautiful and thrilling scenes.
MSC Seashore also offers its guests an opportunity to train with a breathtaking panoramic view at the incredible 3,120 sq. ft. MSC Gym filled with brand new state-of-the-art equipment.
The gym is centered around 3 main areas:
- A state-of the-art gym with ultra-modern fitness equipment, for both cardio and strength-training
- A spin room for group classes; and
- A yoga area for guided class
There’s also plenty of space for fitness on Deck 20 like tennis, five-a-side soccer, volleyball and basketball.
But Wait, There’s More!
MSC Seashore offers so much more. In addition to the many amenities already mentioned on board the ship, there is also the Yacht Club, MSC Aurea Spa, dedicated shopping areas, a beauty salon, barber shop, nail salon and an award-winning kids club designed with unique experiences for the youngest cruises guests. Literally something for everyone!
Other special features and amenities:
- MSC Seashore will be the first cruise ship in the world to feature a new air sanitation system developed by Fincantieri. ‘Safe Air’, uses UV-C lamp technology eliminating 99% of viruses and bacteria to guarantee clean and safe air for guests and crew. The ship is supplied with 100% fresh air with no re-circulation.
- MSC Seashore also includes MSC for Me – the connected cruise experience designed to seamlessly enrich the onboard experience and help guests get the most out of their vacation. This multi-channel digital offering provides much-needed information to guests, eases the ability to plan and book services and puts the guest in control of their personal cruise experience.
A luxury experience awaits you aboard the MSC Seashore. If you are planning a cruise, I can’t recommend the MSC Seashore enough. Seashore brings new heights in innovative and reimagined design that promise you an unforgettable experience that is at one with the sea.
I had the chance to chat about my time on MSC Seashore on the Joe’s Table for Two Radio Show. You can catch my segment about MSC during the first few minutes of the show. Click here to listen.
Special thanks to MSC Seashore and MSC Cruises for the special invitation. As always, opinions are my own.
Images taken by Linda Arceo and Ivan Sarfatti (provided)