Chocolate Covered Irish Potatoes
The perfect St. Patrick's Day confection.
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened (1/2 brick package)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 cups tweeted flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon use more if needed
- 1 bag of bittersweet chocolate melted
- green sprinkles optional
In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, cream cheese and vanilla. Slowly incorporate powdered sugar and continue mixing. Add shredded coconut and mix until well combined. Roll mixture into tablespoon-sized potatoes. Roll each potato-shaped candy in cinnamon to coat. Dip potato-candy in melted chocolate. Decorate with sprinkles (if using, optional)Set on silicone mat or wax paper lined cookie sheet to set. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Refrigerate leftovers.