Paleo-Friendly Eggs Over Easy with Jalapeño Sweet Potato Hash
sweet potato - peeled
Coconut oil is used often as a "good" fat on the paleo diet. If you don't have coconut oil you could use butter or vegetable oil too
jarred or fresh
1. Shred the sweet potato with a box grater or food processor. You don't want to shred on the finest cut but regular grated cut is best.
2. Put a little of the coconut oil in the pan and heat You could use a cast iron skillet here if desired.
3. Add shredded sweet potato to warm pan and cook on medium for about 15-20 minutes or until sweet potato is light brown.
4. Add jalapeño to sweet potato. How much you add is up to your heat tolerance. I add about a teaspoon of jarred diced jalapeño if using fresh, use less.
5. In a separate pan, cook eggs over easy.
6. Add eggs on top of the sweet potato hash and serve!
Makes one serving. Double if you're making eggs for two