This is a compensated post in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and SlimFast
This post is brought to you by SlimFast. All thoughts and content are my own.
I had just returned from vacationing in Texas when I received a little surprise in the mail from SlimFast.
SlimFast recently created a new line of recipes made exclusively for SlimFast by DR Mixologist, Darryl Robinson, host of “Drink up” on The Cooking Channel. These recipes feature some of the tastiest and trendiest ingredients of the season and SlimFast wanted me to give them a try. Being that I am a your favorite cocktail enthusiast, I was certainly interested in working with a new ingredient and one that I wouldn’t normally stock in my bar. I couldn’t wait to give SlimFast cocktails a try.
The recipe for the SlimFast Berry Sexy Vanilla Sunrise, which is featured in this video, can be found here.
- 2 ounces of the SlimFast French Vanilla Shake
- 1 ounce of white rum or 1 oz. of raspberry rum
- 1/3 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1-2 pieces of fresh ginger - to taste
- 1 tsp of agave nectar or 1 tsp of honey
- 1 ice cube, add more as needed for smooth consistency
- Additional berries for garnish
- Blend it. Serve it. Work it.
- Enjoy this treat responsibly.
I enjoyed using the SlimFast Shakes as the base to create creamy cocktails and mocktails (1). So many people think they need to give up alcohol and cocktails when they are trying to lose weight. I hear from my readers all the time about how they would love to try my cocktail creations but hesitate to do so because of calorie count.
Now brace yourself – you are going to love this.
SlimFast’s cocktails and mocktails recipes contain just 130-190 calories per serving. Talk about a good time! And better yet, the fun doesn’t stop there. Check out the new SlimFast cocktail/mocktail recipes and start slimming(2) for summer by visiting http://bit.ly/17u9LXO.
I have to admit, I definitely found a few recipes I will be folding into my drink recipe catalog. SlimFast cocktails are fun, easy and most of all, NEW!
Go on, treat yourself. You deserve it. Cheers!
(1) Cocktails are not part of the SlimFast 3-2-1 plan. Only occasional use recommended. You must be 21+ to consume alcohol and please drink responsibly.
(2) Losing more than 2lbs per week is not recommended. Exercise 30 minutes daily and follow the SlimFast plan.