I just returned from the Saturday session of Gourmet Shows’ 2012 TASTE Philadelphia Festival of Food, Wine and Spirits and it did not disappoint. There was representation from some of the best restaurant foods, wine and beer vendors from all over the United States with easily over 200 stations to choose from, all offering fantastic, tasty and refreshing samples.
Some of my initial favorites from the event include:
- Gerhard’s Appliances and Home Theater (www.gerhardsappliance.com) – Not only were they a super fun booth, they have awesome wine coolers and beer dispensers. I literally fell in love with one of their beer dispensers and I must have it (I’m gonna ask Santa). Plus, they have an upcoming promotion I plan to share with you soon. Stay tuned.
- ThirstyGirl (www.BeAThirstyGirl.com) – This is another contact I plan to tell you guys more about. I hadn’t heard of them until attending the expo, but after meeting the ladies at Thirsty Girl, I must learn more. NBC’s “The Today Show” with Kathie Lee & Hoda and founder of Thirsty Girl, Leslie Sbrocco, also promised to do an interview with GGG to help improve our Wine IQ. How cool is that?
- Salt Rox (www.saltrox.com) – Hands down one of my favorite exhibitors of the event. I was in awe of their salt cooking stone and their salt shot glasses. They poured me a Margarita shot in their salt shot glass and it was incredible. I really loved this product – check it out, it’s a must!
- Full Spirited Flavours (www.fullspiritedflavours.com) – Talk about yummy. These cakes are packed with flavor and infused with spirits such as limoncello, amaretto and chocolate razz. The chocolate was my favorite! They agreed to do a holiday give-a-way for GGG readers so one of you may win a sampling of these cakes in the future. You will love me, and Full Spirited Flavors, for sure!
- 2 Chicks with Chocolate (www.2chickswithchocolate.com) – Super cool chicks running a super cool chocolate company. Not only is their chocolate de-lic-ious but their company has a great vibe and a heartfelt story about their start-up to go with it. Who doesn’t love a good story?
- Subarashi Kudamono – I had a chance to sample their Asian Pear Table Wine and Dessert Wine and I haven’t stopped thinking about them since. I was so excited to hear they just started selling their wines in New Jersey and plan to pick some up the next time I visit my favorite liquor store. Love, Love, Love!
- Feel the Flavors (www.feeltheflavors.com) – From curry to wing sauce, Feel the Flavors has it all! I had a chance to sample their wide variety of sauces and I can’t say I have ever had a better wing sauce. I also had a chance to sample their Spice Cream which is spice-flavored ice cream and it was equally uh-mazing! I can’t wait to go back tomorrow to sample more. Get ready, Dave. I’m coming!
Tomorrow, Sunday, is the final day of the 3-day expo. Looking forward to hearing Bethenny Frankel, of Skinny Girl and Housewives fame, talk. It will be interesting to see how the event wraps up and what else the expo brings. Make sure to follow me on Facebook and Twitter and also watch out for more posts about the event.