This post is brought to you by OXO and their Cookies for Kids Cancer. This post may contain affiliate links.
Today’s post is all about the social good. I am delighted to be participating in the #OXOGoodCookies campaign. By sharing this blog post for my Salted Caramel Peanut Cookies OXO will be donating $100.00 to support pediatric cancer research as part of OXO’s Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer was founded by two OXOnians (OXO employees) inspired by their 2-year old son’s battle with cancer. It is a national 501(c)(3) non-profit committed to raising funds for research to develop new, improved treatments for pediatric cancer, the #1 disease killer of children in the U.S.
OXO kicked off the Cookies for Kids’ Cancer campaign by sending me several of their OXO products. I received:
The cookie press was absolute fool-proof. I own an electric cookie press that is an absolute disaster. I can never get a good cookie out of the darn thing so this OXO Cookie Press was a dream come true. Each and every cookie came out perfect. I can’t wait to bake with it again for the holidays.
If you are looking for any new baking gear to prepare for the holiday baking season, now is the time to make your purchases. For every stickered item sold, OXO will donate 25 cents in support of pediatric cancer research as part of its $100,000* pledge to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. Look for specially marked OXO products at participating retailers in September. These specially marked OXO products will have a sticker this one below.
* In 2014, OXO will donate up to $100,000 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer through specially marked baking tools, bake sale matches and other fundraising efforts. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is a recognized 501c(3) public charity duly incorporated under the laws of the state of New Jersey. Your donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law. 100% of proceeds raised by Cookies for Kids’ Cancer fund pediatric cancer research.
Salted Caramel Peanut Cookies
A fall-inspired cookie for the #OXOGoodCookies campaign
Write a review
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cinnamon-Sugar mixture for sprinkling (optional)
- 1 cup carmel dip
- 1 cup crushed peanuts
- In a large bowl, beat confectioners sugar and butter until smooth. Beat in the egg, yolk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt, gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Using a cookie press fitted with a disk of your choice, press dough 2 inches apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with Cinnamon-Sugar mixture (I used one from The Spice House) lightly before baking for a hint of added flavor (optional). Bake at 375 degrees for 8-9 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove and let cool. Once cooled create sandwich cookies by spreading 1-2 teaspoons of caramel dip onto one side of a cookie, then top with another cookie. Press down on cookie to have caramel dip ooze out. Roll cookie into crushed peanuts.
Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps https://gigglesgobblesandgulps.com/
I hope you enjoy these Salted Caramel Peanut Cookies. I loved making them – not only because they are delicious but because they are supporting an amazing cause. I am honored to partner with OXO for their Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. I am proud to be part of the #OXOGoodCookies community. Please, do your part and let’s raise money to support cancer research and help find a cure for pediatric cancer.
This article was written by food blogger Linda Arceo and Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps