This is a sponsored post.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year … football season!
I am a huge football Sunday fun and nothing makes me happier than a good game on the television, my favorite football gear and a wide array of tasty treats to nibble on. To help celebrate the approaching Fall season and all things football, I made a delicious batch of Pumpkin Chipotle Hot Wings.
Before you say, “What! Pumpkin and hot wings!,” just go with me for a minute. The warm, smokey flavors of chipotle are perfectly complimented with the velvety taste of soothing pumpkin for a dish that is not only seasonally appropriate but just interesting enough to leave your guests and hot wing eaters wanting more.
Did you know it’s easy to get your menu football ready with a little help from BJ’s Wholesale Club? It’s so simple to plan party menus at BJ’s for tailgating at home. With their wide selection of festive, fresh and fine-quality foods, BJ’s makes it convenient to order deli platters, cookie assortments and custom-order cakes made exactly to your specifications. Browse through BJ’s Party Planning brochure, then fill out an order form in-Club — or download one to print and fill out at home — then, simply drop it into the kiosk at your local club. Your order can be ready for pick-up in as little as 24 hours.
Pair my Pumpkin Chipotle Hot Wings, deli items and desserts with one of my favorites, the heat and serve Spinach and Artichoke dip which you can find in the frozen section. Serve the dip with warm, crusty bread or tortilla chips and you have an awesome assortment of finger foods – but without a lot of fuss.
- 2 pounds chicken wings, drums and wingettes
- DRY RUB
- 1-1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- For the Sauce
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 chipotle peppers, diced small
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small mixing bowl, combine rub ingredients and whisk until well blended. Dust all sides of the wings with rub. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place wings on the baking sheet. Bake wings for 20 minutes. Remove and flip wings over. Return to the oven and continue to cook for another 20 minutes or until very crispy.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a large bowl and liberally coat cooked wings in prepared sauce. Return to oven for 5-10 more minutes to finish cooking. Serve immediately with blue cheese or ranch dressing and celery sticks.
Get your crew football ready with BJs Wholesale Club and my delicious Pumpkin Chipotle Hot Wings.
This post was written by Linda Arceo for Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps. All rights reserved.
This is a sponsored post in partnership with BJs Wholesale Club.