Have you tried quinoa yet? If you haven’t jumped on the quinoa bandwagon, these Pineapple Coconut Quinoa Bites will surely help you become a fan.
Quinoa is considered a whole-grain which cooks is less than 20 minutes. Quinoa also has all nine essential amino acids thereby making it a source of complete protein. It’s incredibly satisfying and easily adaptable to many different types of recipes.
I have used quinoa before in many different creations. One of my most favorite ways to eat quinoa is to mix it with sautéed spinach, add a little lemon juice and sea salt and service it along fish. My favorite brand of quinoa is Bob’s Red Mill (affiliate link).
If you like pineapple upside down cake but really hate the calories that come with it, go ahead and give these quinoa bites a try. Not as decadent as the traditional dessert, my pineapple coconut quinoa bites help tame the sugar beast and gives you a little taste of something sweet.
Check out the recipe below and let me know what you think.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup quick style old-fashionsed oats
- 1 cup fresh pineapple (chopped)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 TBS light corn syrup
- 3 TBS brown sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine quinoa, oats, pineapple and shredded coconut.
- Mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine again.
- Spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray and pack pineapple coconut quinoa into muffin slot (about 1 large tablespoon).
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then remove from muffin pan.
Note: Affiliate links are included to help support Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps