I was invited to experience Wilmington and the Brandywine Valley area by the Greater Wilmington Convention and Visitor’s Bureau. As always, opinions are my own.
We hit the road for a quick getaway to Penns Woods Winery in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania on our way to Wilmington, Delaware. Our ride was comfortable and smooth thanks to the Buick Enclave Avenir.
A couple of weeks ago my family was invited to stay in Wilmington, Delaware for a weekend getaway as part of their Visit Wilmington campaign (#VistWilm). More on our getaway soon but I loved our first stop so much I just had to share more about Penns Woods Winery with you.
Penns Woods Winery
Penns Woods Winery located in Chadds Ford, PA is a family run Pennsylvania winery featuring a sprawling 30 acre vineyard of protected vines and greenspace.
The winery has ample outdoor seating (which is both kid and pet friendly, weather permitting), as well as a covered tasting area right outside their charming tasting room and gift shop.
The Penns Woods Winery Tasting Room offers a variety of tasting wine flights, cheese plates and live music.
While at Penns Woods Winery we enjoyed the Premium Dry Tasting and the Light & Sweet Tasting. The tasting includes five wine samples as well as a souvenir glass for $12.
I just loved the rustic charm of Penns Woods Winery and the delicious wine didn’t hurt either.
Buick Enclave Avenir
We arrived in style at the Penns Woods Winery thanks to the Buick Enclave Avenir. The Buick Enclave Avenir is a sub-brand of the Buick Enclave and debuted in 2018. The Buick Enclave Avenir is a luxurious family vehicle featuring new and versatile functionality, interior spaciousness, and intuitive technologies build on the Enclave’s established popularity.
Some of my favorite Buick Enclave Avenir highlights include:
- It holds seven passengers comfortably and offers more cargo volume behind the first row.
- Standard safety equipment on all 2018 Enclaves includes a rear vision camera, rear park assist and seven air bags, including a front center side airbag.
- Driver assistance tools such as rear cross traffic alert, front pedestrian braking, lane keep assist with lane departure warning, safety alert seat and surround vision.
- Second- and third-row seating fold flat to create a wide, nearly-flat load floor
- Every Enclave also comes equipped with an OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot
I kept telling my husband over and over again how much I loved the Buick Enclave Avenir. It is a beautiful car.
Our stop at Penns Woods Winery was the perfect start to our quick weekend getaway to Wilmington, Delaware. We’ve had a lot of International travel over the years. Recently, we’ve been focusing more on US travel. This trip to Wilmington is certainly a step towards our goal. Can’t wait to see where adventure takes us next!
If you like this post why not check out some of my related posts:
- My Favorite Southern New Jersey Wineries
- GGG’s Southern California Temecula Wine Tasting
- Cape May Sunset Beach + GMC Terrain
(Please note: I did not drive after experiencing the tasting. As always, please do not drink or drive) Intended for those 21+.