Has this happened to you? You realize last-minute that you promised to make a dessert for a party or get together and don’t have time to run to the store. You are forced to scour your pantry and refrigerator to whip something up but time is definitely not on your side. This happened to me. It was my son’s end of the year school party and I remembered at about 10:00 p.m. the night before that I had volunteered to bring a dessert. Luckily, I had all the ingredients to make s’mores in my pantry so I decided to whip up these quick and easy No Bake S’mores Layer Bars.
These No Bake S’mores Layer Bars can literally be prepared in minutes – the only thing they need is a few hours in the refrigerator to set. To begin I lined a 9 x 12 baking pan with aluminum foil and liberally sprayed it with non-stick baking cooking spray. I then lined the entire bottom of the pan with graham crackers.
From there I began layering the s’mores ingredients which included melted marshmallow, melted chocolate and crushed graham crackers. You want to layer the No Bake S’mores Layer Bars like you would a lasagna.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 5 cups of large marshmallows, divided
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 3 large Hershey Chocolate Bars
- 1 pack of graham crackers, split along perforated lines
- 2 cups of broken-up graham crackers
- Line large pan with aluminum foil leaving an overhang on all sides. Spray foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat 4 cups of large marshmallows and butter in a large bowl in the microwave until smooth.
- Melt 3 chocolate bars in microwave until melted. Break up graham crackers to create crumbles.
- Working quickly spread melted marshmallow (TIP: used a greased spatula) on first layer of graham crackers, top with a layer of crumbled graham crackers and then top with chocolate.
- Now, add another layer of split graham crackers, add another layer of melted marshmallow, top with crumbled graham crackers and top with chocolate.
- Continue until all ingredients are used.
- Finish with split graham crackers on top and drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle graham cracker crumbled and remaining cut of marshmallows (cut into smaller pieces) on top.
- Cool for 2 hours or until set. Lift from pan and peel off foil.
- Cut into small squares with serrated knife.
My almost-dessert-disaster was saved and the kids at my son’s last day of school party loved the treats! What a perfect way to kick off summer with a quick and easy No Bake S’mores Layer Bars dessert. These would be great for barbecues, camping trips or to enjoy at the beach.
This article was written by food blogger Linda Arceo and Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps