And just like that we are back-to-school, Summer is nearing the end and Fall is knocking on our door. As much as I love Summer, I am a huge fan of Fall. I love the fresh, breezy weather, the gorgeous Fall colors and most importantly, the vast flavors of Fall. I’m not exactly ready to jump full steam ahead into pumpkin flavor so to celebrate my first post of the Fall season I am kicking things off with Maple Cinnamon French Toast in a Mug for this week’s Mini chef Mondays.
I struggle with breakfast ideas a lot during the school year because my kids have different likes. I have one child who likes eggs and one who does not, one who has a sweet tooth and one who likes more savory items. This Maple Cinnamon French Toast in a Mug seems to satisfy both tastes and most importantly, it is super simple to make, which makes it a favorite for busy school mornings.
To begin, we cubed some slices of whole-grain white bread. We then whipped up milk, egg, maple syrup, cinnamon, honey and salt in a mug before submerging the chunks of bread into the mixture.
Once the bread was submerged, we popped it in the microwave for 2 minutes.
With the sound of the microwave’s beep the Maple Cinnamon French Toast in a Mug was ready.
We topped it with additional syrup and cinnamon and that was it – breakfast was served.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 TBS maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. honey
- pinch of salt
- 1 slice of bread, cubed
- coconut oil
- Whisk together the egg, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, honey and a pinch of salt in a large mug until combined. Grease mug lightly with coconut oil. Cube the bread into bite-size pieces and add them to the mug, pressing down lightly so all the bread is submerged in the liquid. Microwave the bread mixture on high power for 2 minutes, pausing every 30 seconds. Let the French toast cool in the mug about 1 minute before serving. Serve immediately with additional syrup and cinnamon.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 8 fabulous bloggers! Read how Mini Chef Mondays started.
Join our facebook group to find even more recipes and share recipes too!
Join the Mini Chef Mondays newsletter to get the latest recipes delivered to your email each week! Don’t worry, we will only use your email for Mini Chef Mondays recipes, pinky promise!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well!
- Chocolate Covered Apple Donuts // Courtney’s Sweets
- Fall Harvest Cake
// Momma Lew
- Pumpkin Spice Sauteed Apples // Finding Zest
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip // We’re Parents
- Homemade Applesauce Recipe for Kids // Eating Richly
- Foil Packet Apricot Salmon // Vegging at the Shore
- Homemade Apple Cider // O’Boy! Organic
- Butterbeer Bark // My Mini Adventurer