Reindeers need food, too, right? Today’s Mini Chef Monday post is a deviation from our normal people food recipes with a special Magic Reindeer Food Recipe. With Christmas just days away, this is the first year my kids didn’t make Magic Reindeer Food as part of a classroom activity and since it’s part of our Christmas Eve tradition, we just had to match a batch here at home.
This Magic Reindeer Food Recipe is simple to make, uses ingredients you likely have in your pantry already and is ready in minutes. Our Magic Reindeer Food Recipe includes oats, crisp rice cereal and two colors of sugar crystals.
To begin, the boys mixed the oats and crisp rice cereal. As an added bonus, we like to add a little food coloring to our mixture to give the oats and crisp rice cereal a greenish-tint. Once the oats and cereal were mixed, we added in the green colored sugar and the red colored sugar and mixed again.
That’s it! It’s ready.
The GGG boys said this was the easiest Mini Chef Mondays recipe ever. They were so pleased with themselves they decided to be a little silly for the camera.
We packaged the Magic Reindeer Food in zipper sandwich bags, attached a printed poem and we were done.
If you want a fancier presentation, you can fill a mason jar with the Magic Reindeer Food and attach the poem with a ribbon.
Like I mentioned earlier in the post, my kids used to make this every year in their preschool as part of their classroom activities. It is a great classroom project to do around Christmas (or make it at home, like we did). To make it easy for you if you decide to make this in your classroom or at home, you can print the poem directly from this page (right-click on the image and select print) or you can download the PDF from this link.
Magic Reindeer Food Recipe
- 2 cups quick cook oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 5-6 drops food coloring
- 2-3 tablespoons green sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons red sugar
- Combine cereal, oats and food coloring. Mix well. Add colored sugar. Mix again. Fill individual bags with 1/2 cup of Magic Reindeer Food. Attach poem.
I am hosting Mini Chef Mondays along with 11 fabulous bloggers!
Be sure to check out each of their Mini Chef posts as well.
- Crispy White Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge // Courtney’s Sweets
- Snowman Cheeseball // Momma Lew
- Peppermint Almond Bark Recipe with Pretzels // Baby Loving Mama
- Dye Free Mini Red Velvet Cake Recipe // We’re Parents
- Rice Krispie Treat Presents // Frugal Novice
- Tasting Cooking Games for Kids // Eating Richly
- Magic Reindeer Food Recipe // Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps
- An Online Cooking School for Kids! // Step Stool Chef
- 3 Ingredient Apple Fruit Leather // Vegging at the Shore
- Baking Cookies with Cookie Monster at Beaches // Mom’s Messy Miracles
- 6 Must Have Kitchen Tools When Cooking with Kids // O’Boy! Organic
- Christmas Cookies for Your Dog! // Can’t Google Everything
This post was written by Linda Arceo for Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps. All rights reserved.