This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OREOCookieBalls #CollectiveBias
Is your dessert table game day ready? We are big football fans in the GGG house and any chance to rally around our favorite teams is celebrated. So, I thought to myself, why not extend my game day spirit to the dessert table with these Game Day Ready OREO Cookie Balls.
If you know anything about Philadelphia, it’s that we take our sports teams seriously and that seriousness extends to our food. One of the things I love to do for game time is whip up a bunch of tasty foods to serve while watching the big game. Maybe I’ll whip up something cheesesteak-themed, something that uses a soft pretzel like a pretzel bun, or maybe it’s food decorated in my favorite team’s colors of green, silver and black.
This past weekend was a big game for my hometown team so I headed to my local Walmart to pick up some game day essentials. I wanted something sweet on our snack table so I decided to make OREO Cookie Balls. OREO Cookie Balls are such a simple recipe, you literally need three ingredients – cream cheese, OREO cookies and semi-sweet baking chocolate. That’s it!
Step 1: MIX IT
Crush OREO cookies (I used my blender to crush the cookies).
MIX the cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
Step 2: SHAPE IT
Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 minutes.
Dip balls in melted chocolate, place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
Step 3: CUSTOMIZE IT
Customize it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
I decorated mine in green and black colors and a sprinkling of silver sugar(optional).
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- CUSTOMIZE it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
- Share and enjoy!
- Decorating is optional.
Don’t you just love how easy these OREO Cookie Balls are to make? These sweet treats are perfect for your dessert table, holiday cookie tray or game day. Other ideas for sharing OREO Cookie Balls include:
- Create a fun football themed gift for neighbors, family and friends with creative labels and packaging
- Tailgating – BE the tailgating hero with this sweet and tasty, portable treat.
- Take your cookie balls to the next level by shaping them into the shape of footballs or mini helmets.
- Assemble them as the centerpiece for your dessert tray or table.
For more holiday & Game Day OREO Cookie Balls recipes, check out this link: http://cbi.as/14pvk
This post was written by Linda Arceo for Giggles, Gobbles and Gulps. All rights reserved.
This is a sponsored post. As always, opinions are my own.